So close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So close!

To having a breakfast 100% produced by me. Pork belly bought, but I cured and smoked served with some fresh sunny side up quail eggs

Love these eggs! It's alot easy to open them with quail egg scissors i just got. Cuts the tops off and allows you to pour egg out. No more shells in them.Thanks for looking!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    sigpic

That looks delicious!! Dang!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Oh Man!!---Could I go for a Plate just like that !!!

Awesome!!

LOL---10 Quail eggs looks like about equal to 2 1/2 of the eggs I have every morning.

I haven't had Quail eggs in about 20 years!!
      for the Awesome Picture!!

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

That would definitely hit the spot any morning.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I love it!
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
            Oh Man!!---Could I go for a Plate just like that !!!

Awesome!!

LOL---10 Quail eggs looks like about equal to 2 1/2 of the eggs I have every morning.

I haven't had Quail eggs in about 20 years!!
            for the Awesome Picture!!

Bear
            They say 3-5 eggs equals one chicken. 2 of these were double yolkers. Mine are averaging 14.6 grams which is slightly above average.
            sigpic

Comment

Never heard of quail egg scissors...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                Never heard of quail egg scissors...

The membranes on a quail egg are extremely tough. It can be done the old fashioned way of cracking with fingers like a chicken egg but half the time you'll break the yolk. And you'll get tiny pieces of shells in the egg. This makes it alot easy. No broken yolks or shells.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  They say 3-5 eggs equals one chicken. 2 of these were double yolkers. Mine are averaging 14.6 grams which is slightly above average.

LOL---3 to 5-------And 2 1/2 to 10

Looks like I was pretty close----I was going by how many square inches of plate they take up.

Old Cabinetmaker's Habit.

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

These are about 4 days old. My first hatch from my stock. They were sold before the egg was even laid. About the size of a golf ball now.

sigpic

Comment

These are about 4 days old. My first hatch from my stock. They were sold before the egg was even laid. About the size of a golf ball now.
                      That's just soooo cool!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                        That's just soooo cool!
                        Yes it is, I'm really enjoying this. I'm going to hate to see these go today. I take my 18 month old daughter down to the basement at night to check on them and she goes nuts. Screams in excitement and ooh and ahhs at them. It's so fun to watch her and I can tell already that she has a love for animals like me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes it is, I'm really enjoying this. I'm going to hate to see these go today. I take my 18 month old daughter down to the basement at night to check on them and she goes nuts. Screams in excitement and ooh and ahhs at them. It's so fun to watch her and I can tell already that she has a love for animals like me.
                          Awwww, that's sweet! Teach 'em young... key.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

So just how much can you get for a golf ball sized chick...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                              So just how much can you get for a golf ball sized chick...
                              I'm getting $1.50 a chick. With the right feeder(they waste alot) it cost $1 in feed to get them to 8 weeks and should be 12-16 ounces. Cheap meal if you process yourself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X