OK dammit. The Cold’s got me down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    I hope it don’t snow ‘till Sat’s 40° promise. Screw it if it do.
    You and me both. Ran into a stump and jacked the snow blower up pretty good. Going to take some judicious work with the mini sledge to get it back in shape. I'm waiting until this weekend when it warms up a bit to since it will be an all day job taking that damn thing off, fixing it and putting it back on......
    Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Rich...What would Bubba say if he was here...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

I have heard the cocoa thing. Never had the cojones to try it...
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          Rich...What would Bubba say if he was here...
          Nothing polite I’m sure

I sen him, oh.. in early Nov. Was about 30 out. He was in shorts. You need to remember he has SIGNIFICANTLY more R-factor than I tho
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

red wine - always, cocoa powder no: 100% cacao yes :-)

The stuff I use is essentially ground up cacao beans. Not sweet, not bitter and really does add a savoury hit to any beef or venison dish.
            Got a big bag/resealable pouch from costco for reasonable price.
            THis kind of stuff: https://www.nutriseed.co.uk/products...xoC73sQAvD_BwE

The difference is the cocoa is made from the dry pulp that is left after you've pressed the beans and extracted most of the cocoa butter. To me it has zero chocolate taste. Cacao is simply ground up whole chocolate beans. And again it's completely savoury.
            If you wanted to make an authentic aztec chocolate drink, you'd use cacao and chilli :-)

These days I also usually add a couple squirts of truffle oil as well - lidl had the bottles on offer last year, so i stocked up :-) Again just kicks the umami up another notch, a little goes a loong way.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I tossed in a couple tablespoons of dried porcini mushroom powder :{)
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thats what I like about chili. Ive put about everything possible in mine except dirty socks.... and "anyone who knows beans about chili knows there aint no beans", but I sure like em in mine....Some nicer weather headed your way!
                z
                sigpic
                GMG Daniel Boone
                UDS
                Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                Vision Kamado grill
                Weber Genesis Silver
                Smokin Tex
                MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                Maverick ET 732
                Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                2 orange ThermoPops
                A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                Vortex

Comment

Chit mon... I feel the need for some PhilLee ChilLee!! Ain't done it in awhile... Thanks for the inspire guys!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Hmmmm..... I'm thinking something great is going to be made
                    sigpic

Comment

I always add a couple T. of Shitake powder...Perfect undertone of earthiness but no one has ever guessed what it is...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        I always add a couple T. of Shitake powder...Perfect undertone of earthiness but no one has ever guessed what it is...
                        That's just downright sneaky, like a trick play in the Super Bowl that works!
                        I like it!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X