Amazing tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing tube

So I already have the maze and am thinking about getting a tube. What are the differences between the round tube and the oval? Is one better than the other? Thinking about using it in a Primo to get a better smoke profile in my meat.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12. The differences are explained pretty good here. I use the tube in my pellet grill and the maze in the MES
    z
    sigpic
    GMG Daniel Boone
    UDS
    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
    Vision Kamado grill
    Weber Genesis Silver
    Smokin Tex
    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
    Maverick ET 732
    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
    2 orange ThermoPops
    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
    Vortex

Comment

I had my welder buddy make me a square tube and it is my favorite. It is about 1 1/2" across and about 14" long and burns for about 3 hours. It was cheap.
      MES 30"
      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
      Weber 22" kettle
      E-Z-Que rotisserie
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Big Weber Gasser
      Cracker Smoker
      UDS

Comment

I just recently got the A-Maze-N 12" tube from Owensbbq.com to use for cheese. It worked as advertised for aboot 3 hours with a 3/4 full tube. Only 1 use, but worked great. That's all I got...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zombini View Post
          http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12. The differences are explained pretty good here. I use the tube in my pellet grill and the maze in the MES
          z
          Thanks but I have read that several times. I don't see where it explains the difference between the original design round tube smoker with round holes and the oval tube smoker with the oblong holes. I know both can only use pellets, but does one perform better than the other?

Comment

Originally posted by TKOBBQ View Post
            Thanks but I have read that several times. I don't see where it explains the difference between the original design round tube smoker with round holes and the oval tube smoker with the oblong holes. I know both can only use pellets, but does one perform better than the other?
            For use at higher temps.
            Produces smoke for up to 2 hours in the 6" position and 3 hours in the 9" position during Cold Smoking or while supplementing smoke @ 225°+
            in your grill or smoker.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

As far as I know the performance is about the same.

I don't use either, because I'm at low altitude & the AMNPS Tray works perfect for me.

I think the biggest difference is that the Oval Tube won't go rolling around in your smoker, going where you might not want it.

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                For use at higher temps.
                Thank You Sir I didn't catch that, probably be the way I go being that I already have a tray.
                Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                As far as I know the performance is about the same.

I don't use either, because I'm at low altitude & the AMNPS Tray works perfect for me.

I think the biggest difference is that the Oval Tube won't go rolling around in your smoker, going where you might not want it.

Bear
                Thanks Bear, I think I'm going to go with the oval since it is designed for higher temps, plus as you noted wouldn't roll and I already have the tray.

Comment

What I read is the tube with oval holes is an expanding tube. You can adjust
                  the length of the tube.
                  z
                  sigpic
                  GMG Daniel Boone
                  UDS
                  Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                  Vision Kamado grill
                  Weber Genesis Silver
                  Smokin Tex
                  MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                  Maverick ET 732
                  Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                  2 orange ThermoPops
                  A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                  A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                  Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by zombini View Post
                    What I read is the tube with oval holes is an expanding tube. You can adjust
                    the length of the tube.
                    z
                    Thanks, Mark hit on something I had overlooked when I read it. It seems to be able to be used at higher temps. Bear also pointed out that being oval it won't roll in your cooker where you may not want it.

Comment

I only have the maze. Works great for me. I started microwaving my pellets and it lights and burns better.

Comment

I have the maze, 2 round tubes, and two ovals,,,, the ovals rock!!! good air flow and no more rollie pollie Also started using Camp chef pellets,,, better than the traeger no more micro waving them.
                        Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
                        1930 Fridge Build
                        MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
                        Therma Pen
                        Maverick 732
                        Mini Therma Pen
                        Frog Mats
                        Weber Junior
                        AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

Yup, traeger is what I use. I'll try the camp chef pellets in about 8 years when I finish off my current stock, 2 big bags of cherry and hickory, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey16 View Post
                            Yup, traeger is what I use. I'll try the camp chef pellets in about 8 years when I finish off my current stock, 2 big bags of cherry and hickory, lol.
                            I highly recommend the pellets from A-MAZE-N Products, the folks that make the tube and maze smokers.
                            http://www.amazenproducts.com/
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Picked up the long oval tube smoker with some pitmasters choice pellets, also went ahead and got 4lbs. pitmasters choice sawdust while it was on sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X