Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Greenville, SC!

Hi everyone!

My name is Jay Prince and I'm a Stay-at-home Dad and also a BBQ Tools & Tech Reviewer. I'm a backyard griller as well and I currently cook on quite a few different styles of grills/smokers. My cooking arsenal currently includes all of the following: Char-Griller Akorn Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, REC TEC Pellet Grill, Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Pellet Grill, PK Grill, Camp Chef Smoke Vault, Orion Cooker, Hot Box Grill, Cook-Air Grill, Element Portable Grill, Lodge Hibachi Grill, 18.5 WSM, Weber Performer, 22.5 Weber OTG, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber Smokey Joe and a Weber Genesis Silver B and a few others. :)

I look forward to being a member of this forum!

Thanks!
    Jay Prince
    • Lg Grill Dome • Jr. Akorn • GMG DB • GMG DC • Char-Broil GRILL2GO X200 • Cook-Air • Element Portable • OptiGrill • Napoleon Kettle Grill • 14.5 WSM • Weber Genesis Silver B •

from Kentucky! That is quite an arsenal you have!
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

from sunny Az, sounds like you will fit right in. Quite an array of cookers ya got going on...
      God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
      Weber Performer Gold
      Masterbuilt 26" twins
      Big Chief Electric smoker
      Brinkmann barrel smoker
      LEM sausage stuffer
      Cabela's pro HD grinder
      Maverick ET-732
      ThermoWorks Thermapen
      GrillGrates

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys! It's definitely nice having a good variety of cookers to use. I don't think my wife agrees with me on that though. I had to move some of them into a storage unit to help keep the peace. lol
        • Lg Grill Dome • Jr. Akorn • GMG DB • GMG DC • Char-Broil GRILL2GO X200 • Cook-Air • Element Portable • OptiGrill • Napoleon Kettle Grill • 14.5 WSM • Weber Genesis Silver B •

Comment

from Utah
          Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
          Weber 22.5" WSM
          Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
          Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
          Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
          Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
          Weber Smokey Joe
          GMG Daniel Boone
          Pit Barrel Cooker
          Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
          6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
          Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
          The Vortex

Comment

Welcome from Oregon Wine Country That certainly is an arsenal of cooking equipment you got there. Yes sometimes you have to make sacrifices to keep the wife happy. Happy Wife = Happy Life!
            Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
            Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
            A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
            A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
            Frogmats
            Maverick ET 732
            Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Welcome from Dayton!! Now go smoke some meat!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, don't think you qualify to join here, not enough equipment.
                Just kidding man!
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                  Just kidding man!

so what's your favorite or go to one?
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome from WA state.. I spent 3 years at Bob Jones Universsity
                    . I hope you have a great time here.
                    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                      Just kidding man!
                      lol...I have a few more on the way. ;)

Originally posted by Ryan View Post

so what's your favorite or go to one?
                      To be honest I grill a lot on my Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill for quick grilling for my family. It was my first grill and treats me well. Our 4 year old keeps me busy during the day and by dinner I am usually pretty beat and grill something quick. I had 3 pellet grills and 3 other grills come for review this summer, so I've been doing a lot of cooking on those right now. I'm really liking the pellet grills. I'm working on a review on a pellet grill right now from REC TEC Grills and I'm loving it so far. I also like the Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone. I have the optional controller for that so I can control my grill from inside the house, which is pretty cool. If I had to pick one type of grill to keep over the others it would have to be a pellet grill. A nice pellet grill with some GrillGrates makes for a perfect combo!

Thanks again everyone for all the warm welcomes!

~Jay

Comment

Hi, Jay! from 7000 ft in northern Arizona. Really looking forward to your participation!
                        Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
                        ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
                        Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
                        Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

I looked at REC-TEC pellet grills before I got my Yoder and nearly pulled the trigger on it. I liked the REC-TEC alot... definitely a bang for the buck grill! Pellet grills are awesome!
                          Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                          Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                          A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                          A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                          Frogmats
                          Maverick ET 732
                          Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsgarner06 View Post
                            I looked at REC-TEC pellet grills before I got my Yoder and nearly pulled the trigger on it. I liked the REC-TEC alot... definitely a bang for the buck grill! Pellet grills are awesome!
                            Pellet grills are pretty awesome! :) Yoder does make a really great quality pellet grill as well. It's on my BBQ bucket list for sure!

Comment

Glad you joined us Jay, from North Dakota!
                              Nice collection of grills your sporting... looking forward to seeing your cooking posts also!
                              --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                              X