No announcement yet.

NASCAR - I'm done with it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya kno' redneck rodeo (stock car racing) and true low and slow BBQ are art forms. Both of which originated south of the Mason Dixon line, so i understand why a bunch yankees dont get it red neck rodeo

I am just thankful you understand BBQ
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

make the buggers turn right ! that'd soon sort them out

Actually no reason they couldn't alternate. One week race widdershins and the next clockwise.

OR better yet at the end of the first lap they could handbrake turn and race the next lap backwards - then alternate between forwards and backwards on consequetive laps.

Now that would definitely mix it up a bit.

But it sucks when any sport you care about gets hijacked by arseholes.
      Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-09-2013, 03:18 PM.
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
        OR better yet at the end of the first lap they could handbrake turn and race the next lap backwards - then alternate between forwards and backwards on consequetive laps.
        I have proposed the "Purple Flag". You have to reverse course. But...not untill you GET to the flag, of course.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          make the buggers turn right ! that'd soon sort them out

Actually no reason they couldn't alternate. One week race widdershins and the next clockwise.

Now that would definitely mix it up a bit.

But it sucks when any sport you care about gets hijacked by arseholes.
          Chit guys, they have enough trouble just turnin left!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

How can they remember the rules?

Hard enough for them to remember the route!!

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
              How can they remember the rules?

Bear
              John, evidently the rules are subject to momentary reinterpretation by the NASCAR Officials and owners. There seems to be no integrity to the "rules".

And the route is a circle!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Hot Damn! Somebody realized MWR's antics!
                http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...nts-fined-spin
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                  Hot Damn! Somebody realized MWR's antics!
                  http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...nts-fined-spin
                  Mike it's not just MWR, it's NASCAR itself, Carl Edwards was farther in front of the "#1" car on that last restart than Jimmy Johnson was a few weeks ago. They sent JJ to the back of the pack. Carl gets a clean slate. It just balanced out the MFG and sponsor presence in the "chase".
                  Total Bullchit.
                  I know you a die hard fan, I was too for a long long time. All my buds that we all used go to every race we could get to. All done, I'm the last one, was - done.
                  It's not real, simple. It's not real fun anymore, but that comes back to it's not real anymore. It's manipulated too much.
                  Good luck with it.
                  Still hope 88 wins it though!
                  Mark
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                    John,

And the route is a circle!

My point---Exactly!!!

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      Mike it's not just MWR, it's NASCAR itself, Carl Edwards was farther in front of the "#1" car on that last restart than Jimmy Johnson was a few weeks ago. They sent JJ to the back of the pack. Carl gets a clean slate. It just balanced out the MFG and sponsor presence in the "chase".
                      Total Bullchit.
                      I know you a die hard fan, I was too for a long long time. All my buds that we all used go to every race we could get to. All done, I'm the last one, was - done.
                      It's not real, simple. It's not real fun anymore, but that comes back to it's not real anymore. It's manipulated too much.
                      Good luck with it.
                      Still hope 88 wins it though!
                      They went out of their we to make sure Jeff didnt make it. I'll be rooting for a hendricks car to win. i would really like to see Kasey Kahne pull it out of his arse...
                      Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

So, after a bit of research, l see that this nascar thing started out way back as guys trying to run shine, evolved into a sport with guys building cars in their driveways out of old beaters to race on a friday night, and has transitioned into a multi billion dollar industry that has almost no similarity to the way it started back years ago. And with lots and lots of money involved.
                        Can't understand why you all are so upset......lt sounds a lot like pro wrestling under the McMahon empire.......sports entertainment.... alll designed to maximize revenue through creative manipulation, while making certain folks rich (er) , at the expense of the fans.......
                        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                          lt sounds a lot like pro wrestling under the McMahon empire.......sports entertainment.... alll designed to maximize revenue through creative manipulation, while making certain folks rich (er) , at the expense of the fans.......
                          Exactly! Thank you IC for summing it up!
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

I stoped watching after gordens car grew to pass inspection. That was back in the winston cup days.

Comment

Have attended over 35 Cup races...Have been to wrestling events. Harley Race, Pak Som Nam, Dusty Rhodes...so they are old fart wrestlers. Entertainment...saw how that made some people happy. Won't get into the dynamics of racing...most people can't understand....wedge, track bar, spring rubber, balance, splitter, loose, fast, Martinsville Hot Dogs! I just don't care...Be like somebody who want's to fly & go to the Reno Air Races...pylons at 500+...Yes Nascar does not have a published rule book to download in PDF...Stand down Hall...If it makes you happy like Red Wing boots! Who gives a rats...Not upset...would like to see who want's to run at 180+ in a car...I did at Dega...was not in a pack or near 200+...was not scared, but was wfo with emotion, like when I was mach 2+ in a fighter...is cool...
                              Sunset Eagle Aviation
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I can understand why some folks don't "get" NASCAR...
                                To those folks I say this...Get to a race...Watch cars going 190 MPH...Listen to the sound of 900 hp...No...Listen to the sound of 43 cars at once with 900 hp...OK...Some folks aint into the mechanical...Till ya get there...The feeling is overwhelming...Ground shaking...But when they flash past ya so quickly that ya cant see anything but a flash...Well then ya realize that watchin on TV has never really told ya the whole story...These guys will get closer to each other at 190 mph than I will park next to a car at Walmart...That's some friggin balls...Hockey stick and puck aint got nothing on that...Pussies eh!

And indeed it has become a capitalistic business...So what...I love race cars and always will
                                Craig
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X