Thermopro TP-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermopro TP-20

I really am starting to love the thermopro line of thermometers.They are cheaper and in my opinion better than the mavericks.This one i got has dual meat probes which is a cool feature,it also can be used to read the pit temps.

If you are in the market for a new thermometer i would highly recommend.

https://itronicsmall.com/products/thermopro-tp-20

Prices are pretty good.
    sigpic
    GMG Daniel Boone
    UDS
    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
    Vision Kamado grill
    Weber Genesis Silver
    Smokin Tex
    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
    Maverick ET 732
    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
    2 orange ThermoPops
    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
    Vortex

Comment

I was looking at them on Amazon, good to know someone is using them with good results.
      P.S. the are a bit less on Amazon too.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

thank for posting...
        ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
        ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

I may buy one just to have. Never seen a 5 year warranty. I think Maverick is 90 days and had to beg for replacement for a bad screen.

Replacement Probes are reasonable as well.

Comment

My wife just got me that exact one yesterday for my birthday. I haven't used it yet, but glad to hear someone has, and with good results.
            Smoking Salmon the easy way, Smoked Tri Tip, Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Smoked Pork Loin, Apple Smoked Bacon, Slow Cooker Carnitas with Pico de Gallo, Slow Cooker Beef Stew
            Smoked and Cured Chicken using Pop's Brine,Smoked and Cured Pork Loin with a Whiskey & Orange Glaze,Smoked and Cured Turkey

Comment

I think they are great.I also have the TP-08

Comment

TP-08 for a few years, not one problem. I run two meat probes on mine. I have PID control for temp.
                Smoking meat is 1%fact, 22% manipulation of the fact, and 77% speculation of the manipulation... If you are lucky you may just come in 1st place.

Comment

I've posted in the past about really liking my TP-08 unit. Still like the unit itself, no issues. But these probes must be pretty cheap. Have gone through 2 BBQ probes and 1 meat probe in 8 months. I do not get them wet, only wash with a damp soapy cloth.

They sync fine and range is plenty good. But the probes are killing me. I contacted them again to see if they will replace them again. I hope they do but I really want something more reliable.

Does anyone have the TP-08 and a Thermoworks Smoke unit? The plugs look the same and it seems the Smoke probes are well built. Thinking about trying one.

Comment

I have the old original Thermoworks unit (not wireless). After going through numerous probes on a few different units ( I used to buy them 6 at a time - some were even faulty out of the box). Once I switched to the K style probes I have not had one go out in years + you can buy different style probes for what you need. The probes are more expensive but for me they just work + reliable = value. IMO
                    ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

I must just be lucky on my Mavericks:

I bought the old cheapo ET-73 eight years ago. After 2 years, I demoted that one to basement Curing Fridge duty, because It couldn't see to my front porch from my recliner.
                      That one's been in my Fridge for those 6 years, and both probes are 8 years old & still good.

I have my first ET-732 for 6 years & only had to replace 1 Smoker probe. The meat probe is still the original.

My second ET-732 is 3 years old & both probes are the originals.

That's one bad probe in a combined 34 years of probe life.

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                      X