This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Man's amazin smoker

When cash is low you make do with what you have on hand. Did a test burn and got right at 4 hours with a little less then half full. Good constant smoke with some hickory pellets I picked up for 9 bucks, 20 pounder. Sized it to fit in my mes 30, not bad for 30 minutes work. Works way better then stock smoke setup. Sorry phone malfunction.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fishbum; 12-12-2017, 02:32 PM.

Originally posted by Fishbum View Post
    When cash is low you make do with what you have on hand. Did a test burn and got right at 4 hours with a little less then half full. Good constant smoke with some hickory pellets I picked up for 9 bucks, 20 pounder. Sized it to fit in my mes 30, not bad for 30 minutes work. Works way better then stock smoke setup.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    interesting
    Last edited by devo; 12-13-2017, 01:07 PM.

PBC Drum Smoker
    Bradley Digital 4 Rack
    THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
    Miss Piggy Smoker
    Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

Looks good! How many cuts did you end up with during the manufacturing?

Comment

Necessity is the mother of all inventions..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Poor Man's amazin smoker

Originally posted by AJ View Post

None, tin snips my friend, now razor blades are a different story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapata
          Last edited by Fishbum; 12-12-2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Nicely done...

Originally posted by AJ View Post

Cut a piece 11"x5", measured in 1" from all sides marked that off, cut from outer corner to marked inner corner, folded sides up along lines, bent cut ends around corners. Then made center divider from a piece 8"x 2 1/4" bent into triangle with 1 inch base and wire it to the center bottom of main piece. Finished size 9"x3". I guess you could call it two main cuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            I would guess he was talking aboot your fingers...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
              Nicely done...

I would guess he was talking aboot your fingers...
              That's why they make pliers and gloves
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Where did you find material like that
                sigpic

22’ kettle
                5 burner gas grill
                Anova
                Hobart Meat Grinder 4822 series
                F.Dick 12 Ltr. Sausage Stuffer

There's only two types of Beer: Cold and Free.
                _____
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Kicken Asphalt View Post
                  Where did you find material like that

Don't laugh but it came from a small trashcan I had stashed back in my greenhouse. Ran across it yesterday. Iknew I saved it for something. And I have enough left over for something else. Any stiff wire mesh would work.

Comment

Don't laugh but it came from a small trashcan I had stashed back in my greenhouse. Ran across it yesterday. Iknew I saved it for something. And I have enough left over for something else. Any stiff wire mesh would work.

That’s way we don’t throw a lot of stuff away, you never know.

Nice job
                    sigpic

22’ kettle
                    5 burner gas grill
                    Anova
                    Hobart Meat Grinder 4822 series
                    F.Dick 12 Ltr. Sausage Stuffer

There's only two types of Beer: Cold and Free.
                    _____
                    Jim

Comment

Just curious what kind of materials it was made oot of? Does/did it say on the can you used? I think the process/idea is awesome, butt have heard certain metals and coatings can potentially be hazardous when exposed to heat. Not doubting your fabrications at all. Just curious, and looking oot for the health and safety of all.

I AM NOT the smoker safety police, and DO NOT pretend to be such, just curious what materials were used, so others can make decisions based on your information.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not so much. Aluminum, galv. stuff would be poor choices. That design will likely twist up some.

The “real” one is heavy stainless. Cross brace supported. there’s a reason it costs a few dollars.

[Personal opinion] Nice to play around, but this is a knockoff of a friend of mine’s design, and I take a dim view of posting such things. [/Personal opinion]
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Not so much. Aluminum, galv. stuff would be poor choices. That design will likely twist up some.

The “real” one is heavy stainless. Cross brace supported. there’s a reason it costs a few dollars.

[Personal opinion] Nice to play around, but this is a knockoff of a friend of mine’s design, and I take a dim view of posting such things. [/Personal opinion]
                          Question: If he does not wish to market it, is it still a problem?

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                          Paul

Comment

Din’t say it was a “problem”... just said posting such stuff potentially takes away sales of the genuine product.. In AU, there’s a whole FB group called “Poortex” ripping Thunderdome off... I hate that.

And I said “personal opinion”. Soo..ignore me
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

The guy saved some bucks by doing it himself... cool! Production units? Prolly not. I see no problem here.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X