Basic Pork Ribs. 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 Method Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
    Depending on what your using as fuel in your smoker and want to conserve it. After you foil you could just place them on a sheet pan in a preheated oven, (Just because heat is heat)
    Shhh, Lee...

That's what I do at home....
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
      Depending on what your using as fuel in your smoker and want to conserve it. After you foil you could just place them on a sheet pan in a preheated oven, (Just because heat is heat) you use, or then .
      Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Shhh, Lee...

That's what I do at home....
      Geeezzzz, and I thought I was the only one who doesnt like to waste fuel when meats are foiled.....
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info, cant wait to try.
        GOSM
        Sausagemaker's Country Smokehouse
        Charcoal Grill
        Stainless Steel Gas Grill (for when I'm really lazy)

Comment

Nice how to
          Robert "Barney" Fife

MES40

Comment

Would you use the same 3-2-1 method with a charcoal water smoker? I ask because wouldn't foiling it, with liquid after 3 hours of being in the charcoal water smoker, soak the ribs more than necessary?

Comment

I boil mine!
              Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
              Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
              Yoder Wichita
              Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
              Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
              Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by ShowMeState1977 View Post
                Would you use the same 3-2-1 method with a charcoal water smoker? I ask because wouldn't foiling it, with liquid after 3 hours of being in the charcoal water smoker, soak the ribs more than necessary?
                No, the water pan is more about keeping the temp down.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by ShowMeState1977 View Post
                  Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  No, the water pan is more about keeping the temp down.
                  I agree with Mark R. The water pan is more about maintaining even temps than providing moisture. Wrapping the ribs is certainly optional. Lots of people don't wrap ribs and have great results. This is just a basic "how-to" for someone looking to create a very tender finished product.

Originally posted by Big D
                  LOL that's my Make shift food warmer at home.

Nice tutorial Wu, However I don't use the 3 - 2 -1 I go by looks, smell, wobbly test. :)

I am glad you have something that works well for you. I do wrap my ribs, but I look at it more as another opportunity to add another layer of flavor. I generally don't wrap for as long as described in this tutorial. But I do like to wrap for a while, usually more like 45 minutes to an hour depending on temps.
                  KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Wutang is Smooooth!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                      I boil mine!
                      BLASPHEMY!!!

GOSM
                      K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                      Digital Thermometers
                      Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                      140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                        I boil mine!
                        Originally posted by northern greenhorn View Post
                        BLASPHEMY!!!

BBq Bubba Starter Kit..

Seems to have worked out for him.. He does have his own Q business..
                        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                          BBq Bubba Starter Kit..
                          Seems to have worked out for him.. He does have his own Q business..
                          USED to... actually. Altho I don't think it was the boiled ribs that folded him up...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                            USED to... actually. Altho I don't think it was the boiled ribs that folded him up...

Have his own Biz??

Or

Boil his Ribs??
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                              Have his own Biz?? Or Boil his Ribs??
                              Heh... He folded up the roadside thing last year. He works as pitmaster at Lockharts.

Comment

I canot do it, I tried rubs.. I tried sauces during cooking.. But to me nothing is better on ribs than a nice sweet beer as a baste and dip into sauce as you eat.. Again, this is for me, but something special with the combination of rib meat, honey brown, and smoke.

Comment

Working...
                                X