No announcement yet.

Basic Pork Ribs. 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 Method Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I mention I boil my ribs then do a 4-6-1 method?
    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

321 ribs :>)

Can't wait to try this on the smoker I'm building.

Comment

So, I've been using the 3-2-1 method successfully for the last few years. I am wondering if anyone has tried an adaptation of this by open smoking for the 3 hours and then storing until the day of use and bring meat back to temp then foil for 2 hours and finish open the last hour or so. I'm thinking of times when I just want a quicker prep time could have a few slabs Pre-smoked in the freezer and finish the day of use. You know how they go on sale and could prep 4 or 5 meals worth for the 3 hours then vac em up for later. I'm not sure if this would mess with the whole cooking process.

Comment

I cook my ribs totally, then vac seal the rack and freeze. Re-heat is thaw, remove from bag, place in a pan (bone side down) with a bit of apple juice, foil, and place in the oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Perfect.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I do the 3 on the smoker then I do the 2 in the oven and smoke other stuff (ABTs or baked beans) for that 2 hours. Then the last hour back on the smoker. I only have a weber kettle so that way I can almost finish everything at the sametime.
            sigpic
            Weber 22.5 kettle
            Smokin in the Smokies
            Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
            Jerry

Comment

Working...
            X