Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribeyes, A Few Shrimp(s), And Some Thoughts.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribeyes, A Few Shrimp(s), And Some Thoughts.....

Was working on deck staining and other stuff aroond the house today...... During a break, grabbed a beer and turned on CNN for some Florida weather updates..... UGH! ..... Looks surreal!... My wife asked me how my Smoked-Meat friends were doing in that area?..... I said I'm not sure..... The last post from any of them that I saw was from this morning..... I told her I'm sure they have a lot of things going on, and would fill her in, as I knew more..... Thoughts wandered to MarkR, Slanted88, BBQY and others in that area and what was actually happening in their worlds..... TV can't show me that..... At least at this point..... I said a prayer for em all, and hope y'all do so as well..... Crazy weather and world we live in nowadays!!!! ..... Praying y'all get through this safely.

Fired up the Performer, cracked another beer, and put on some coffee rubbed Ribeyes, for a reverse sear, and a some marinated shrimp for the wife unit. She made some nice Parmesan pasta, and I MICROWAVED [emoji3][emoji106] some local fresh corn, along with some crusty rustic bread with butter on the kettle. Was a great meal, butt kinda bittersweet, not knowing the future(s) of your fellow friends in food/life..... All I can ask for is thoughts and prayers for them all.

sigpic

amen on the prayer to the gang down south, isn't Vlap down in that area as well? have been kind of keeping my eye on it as well. nice smoke Scott!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Yes, Vlap as well, thanks E! I'm sure there are other members as well.....
      sigpic

Comment

Amen to the prayers Brutha. Been on it.

Grate cook as usual Sir Scotty, it looks awesome!

On edit: Cops had me cuffed...
        Last edited by HawgHeaven; 09-10-2017, 09:34 AM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks great there Scott!! Yes prayers in full force this morning and the next 24 hours.
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Prayers have been out there for days now...Things are getting ugly in their world for sure...I kinda feel guilty setting here high and dry...

Great post Scott
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

+ 1 on the Prayers!!!

And nice Looking Ribeyes too, Scott !!---

Shrimp & Corn Too!!

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Praying everyone is safe! Great looking meal & post Fish - That's my kind of grub
                ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

That's a great lookin' meal.
                  Wish I was there to help you enjoy it. But Pam, Mia, and I are in Slidell, La @ a Motel6. We managed to get out Thur eve, Then drove for 27 hours( normally a 9 hr drive ) to get here. We pray everyone who didn't leave are safe. This is the first time we have ever left because of a hurricane. We hope we still have a home and belongings when we get back.
                  If no elec, look for a big smoke cloud. I'll be cooking everything from the freezer. It'll be a big BBQ for one and all to enjoy.

Sorry for the hijack.
                  Jim

Comment

Great looking meal and good thoughts Fish, prayers for everyone down there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great looking meal as usual, Fish! Sure am glad everyone is safe in Florida.
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...