Apple Smoked Sockeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Smoked Sockeye

1.5 lb filet. Dill, Johnnys, fresh chopped Garlic, brown sugar. Indirect on the Performer aboot 25 mins with Apple chunks. Sautéed mushrooms, zucchini with fresh diced Garlic and cheesy Garlic bread. Beers..... GO HAWKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Sock(eyed) That One Oota the Park!!!

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
    1.5 lb filet. Dill, Johnnys, fresh chopped Garlic, brown sugar. Indirect on the Performer aboot 25 mins with Apple chunks. Sautéed mushrooms, zucchini with fresh diced Garlic and cheesy Garlic bread. Beers..... GO SQWAWKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that some yeller squish in there as well? I think I would lose the fungus though... You should try that zucchini & yeller squish thing with some stewed maters...

Overall...

Sent from my Underground Bunker using Encrypted Algorithms
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 11-10-2017, 01:38 AM.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      That gave me serious wood

all day long for that masterpeace bro! Love me some sockeye, and lovin' the zuc and shroom medly!! You rocked that oot loud!!
      Last edited by HawgHeaven; 11-10-2017, 12:44 PM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Man I gotta try that some day...You make some good lookin fish Fish
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

That is wonderful!... can you talk with Mr. Baldwin and tell him to get his ass in the end-zone next time... that cost me 6 point going out on the 2.... crap....
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            That gave me serious wood
            all day long for that masterpeace bro! Love me some sockeye, and lovin' the zuc and shroom medly!! You rocked that oot loud!!

Exactly!!
            Can't argue with any of the above, Scott !!

Awesome!!------

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

heck yeah that looks guuuuud! Only thing it's missing is my invite! lol.
              Mike
              Life In Pit Row

Comment

Looks great. I've been waiting for salmon to go on sale locally so I can get some cooking on the 26'r. When I would do salmon on the older gasser I would cook meat side down a minute or two for a quick sear and then skin down until at temp.

Would a similar method work well on the vortex? I was concerned it may be too hot for something delicate like fish to try and sear it.

Comment

Wonderful looking fish Fish
                  ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post

Is that some yeller squish in there as well? I think I would lose the fungus though... You should try that zucchini & yeller squish thing with some stewed maters...

Overall...

Sent from my Underground Bunker using Encrypted Algorithms

Yes sir, yellow squash, zucchini, chopped garlic & fungus

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                    That is wonderful!... can you talk with Mr. Baldwin and tell him to get his ass in the end-zone next time... that cost me 6 point going out on the 2.... crap....
                    I was thinking the same thing, he should have scored & was pissed. Then they hit Jimmy Graham for the TD, and he's my TE in my money league, so I just cracked another beer

Originally posted by a207769s View Post
                    Looks great. I've been waiting for salmon to go on sale locally so I can get some cooking on the 26'r. When I would do salmon on the older gasser I would cook meat side down a minute or two for a quick sear and then skin down until at temp.

Would a similar method work well on the vortex? I was concerned it may be too hot for something delicate like fish to try and sear it.
                    You could certainly use the Vortex for anything & I think your searing method might work if your grates are oily or oil on the fish, otherwise I think you might have a problem with the fish flesh sticking to the grate. I think I would test it on a small piece first
                    The indirect with foil is super easy & no mess & it takes on a nice amount of smoke. I try to cook/smoke at aboot 350ish.
                    sigpic

Comment

Outstanding!!!!

Darren

Comment

Pro Job Fish!!! I have never tried dill on smoked salmon but have on grilled or baked salmon and the two were meant for each other. Thanks for sharing man! Going to have to give this or something like it a try!
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                          Pro Job Fish!!! I have never tried dill on smoked salmon but have on grilled or baked salmon and the two were meant for each other. Thanks for sharing man! Going to have to give this or something like it a try!
                          Dill is amazing on salmon IMO. Cooking this way indirect, is more like baking, with the addition of the Apple smoke flavor. The salmon was not brined, or cured, just seasoned. A buddies dad was who I learned this seasoning and method from over 30 years ago (man, I'm getting old ) and has been a go to ever since. Give it a try somethyme E
                          sigpic

Comment

Will do next time I get me some salmon!
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment