No announcement yet.

new from iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aboard Dan. I was just down in your neck of the woods today. Actually had to drive to Iowa City. I live a ways North of you right over the border in MN. Glad you decided to join up. As you can see, we have a great group here. If ya got questions, and I know you will, just ask away. Someone will always point you in the right direction.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Welcome to the site from Northern Iowa, Dan...I'm North of Charles City a little bit in Osage. There's a few smokers on here in your neck of the woods...WalkingDude comes to mind first.

Have fun checking out the site and filling your head with ideas...and feel free to ask any questions....even the silly ones...

L8r,
      Eric

Comment

Welcome to Smoked-Meat, Glad to have you with us...

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members..

Comment

You're gonna like it here.
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

West coast welcome too Dan
            JT

Comment

Welcome to the Smoked Meat Forum Dan!!!
              www.nopigleftbehind.com
              -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bbqmandan View Post
                this looks like the place to find some good info.
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                  aboard Dan. I was just down in your neck of the woods today. Actually had to drive to Iowa City. I live a ways North of you right over the border in MN. Glad you decided to join up. As you can see, we have a great group here. If ya got questions, and I know you will, just ask away. Someone will always point you in the right direction.
                  where at in mn? i grow up on a farm about 3 miles from the ia/mn border on the ia side; 20 miles south of fairmont, mn actually.

Comment

Howdy from husker country... as long as you ain't another one of them damnned hawkeye fans, we should get along just fine. Lol

Later,
                    Andy
                    Current babies:
                    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                    -RichTee's Lang :)
                    Former Lineup:
                    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
                      Howdy from husker country... as long as you ain't another one of them damnned hawkeye fans, we should get along just fine. Lol

Later,
                      Andy
                      yes, i am an iowa hawkeye football fan--welcome to the big ten, good buddy! (might regret saying that if huskers beat the hawks. hahaha) just kidding, it's all fun in the end. i have relitives that live in nb who are husker fans, though.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqmandan View Post
                        it's all fun in the end. i have relitives that live in nb who are husker fans, though.
                        There may be hope for you yet. Lol... yeah... its all in good taste. Thanks for the welcome. As much as it pains me to say it, and I hope I'm wrong, I have a feeling we are going to get a serious beatdown this year.

If you are ever this way, give us a shout. There's a handful of us who are in the omaha area... I have a feeling that there are going to be some serious bbq game day parties in the near future.

Later,
                        Andy
                        Current babies:
                        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                        -RichTee's Lang :)
                        Former Lineup:
                        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Glad you joined us bbqmandan and sorry I missed this thread when you joined... from North Dakota!
                          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                          X