Prime Rib (Small, but Many Meals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks El Ropo!!
    Yeah, this one only got about 10 minutes under foil. I have done up to 75 minutes, and really didn't notice any flavor difference. I usually try to get 15 to 30 minutes though, to keep from spilling much juice. However I like to save that juice to add to my leftovers.
    That's what the fresh garlic bread if for! Soaking up all those wonderful juices.
    sigpic

Modded Brinkmann Gourmet. Basic UDS. Rescued 22.5" OTS. Stubbs. B&B Oak Lump

Comment

Originally posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
      I think I can blame you Bearcarver for my prime rib cravings!! I don't have any of those in the freezer and would really like a plate like that tonight!!

I tried to talk Marty into taking me out to eat tonight for Prime Rib but I got no where!!
      Thanks Tanya!!!
      C'mon Mossy!!!
      Take your Beautiful Wife out to eat!!!

Bear

Originally posted by fpnmf View Post
      Looks great!!

Craig
      Thanks Craig!!

Bear

Originally posted by El Ropo View Post
      That's what the fresh garlic bread if for! Soaking up all those wonderful juices.
      Yup---That's a good way, too!!!

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
        Great meals! I have 5 in the freezer from last Xmas as well that I better do something with. I was hoping go have one after the baby comes and one again once we move into a new house. All five of mine are about the same size as what you have there and they are just the perfect size for the wife and I and then left overs. Great Prime Rib as usual!
        Ross, Do you get yours at a chain or at a local store. I think Mossy said something to me one time about Cashwise. I just picked up a whole at a local here in Bismarck for 6.99, but if I can stock up at christmas time, I definitely will!

Bigfish

Comment

I am instantly hungry now! This thread is most timely. Standing rib is my next beef smoke. I can extrapolate enough from the mes step by step to adapt to my kettle or ecbs. Looks tasty !!!
          Weber Smoky Joe
          18" Weber Silver
          22.5" Weber Gold
          22.5" Weber Silver
          UDS X 2
          Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
          Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
          Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
          Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
          Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
          Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
          Blackstone three burner flat top
          5" AMZNPS
          Vortex x 2
          Maverick ET 73
          Maverick ET 732
          Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
          Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
          Pitmaster iQue 110
          sigpic

Comment

Looking great Bear!! That day after PR sammie with lettuce and whip has me craving a roast beef sammie! I'm sure it's quite different than the ones I grew up with, they were shoe leather! Reasons? 1. My dad liked things well done. 2. My mom didn't understand the different cuts of beef and how one (chuck) can handle the long cooking times where an eye round can't. I'd be sitting in school on Monday morning, go to the lunch room and open my lunch box, unfold the wax paper around my sandwich, bit into one of the corners of my diagonally cut sammich. First bite, just lettuce and whip. Second bite, get to the roast beast, teeth can't cut through so as you pull away, the whole piece of meat comes out. Put bread down, rip piece of meat off with hand, open bread, place rest of piece of meat back down and close sandwich. Repeat previous steps until sandwich is finished.

You obviously don't have that issue with that beef!!!! Awesome!!
            Mustang electric smoker
            King Kooker vertical gasser
            Charbroil silver smoker
            Earnhardt Jr smoker
            Brinkman smoke n' grill
            a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious bee View Post
              I am instantly hungry now! This thread is most timely. Standing rib is my next beef smoke. I can extrapolate enough from the mes step by step to adapt to my kettle or ecbs. Looks tasty !!!
              Thanks TB!!!
              I'm doing one tomorrow. We have guests coming for Dinner, so back on Tuesday, I picked the biggest one I had left---6.?? pounds. Thawed it out over 3 days & got it ready today.
              I hope I can manage some pics without looking like an idiot to the guests!!!

Bear

Originally posted by bigfish98 View Post
              Ross, Do you get yours at a chain or at a local store. I think Mossy said something to me one time about Cashwise. I just picked up a whole at a local here in Bismarck for 6.99, but if I can stock up at christmas time, I definitely will!

Bigfish

Hey Bigfish,
              I don't know about other places, but at least 2 years in a row now our best Standing Rib price was on the week leading up to Christmas.

Bear

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
              Looking great Bear!! That day after PR sammie with lettuce and whip has me craving a roast beef sammie! I'm sure it's quite different than the ones I grew up with, they were shoe leather! Reasons? 1. My dad liked things well done. 2. My mom didn't understand the different cuts of beef and how one (chuck) can handle the long cooking times where an eye round can't. I'd be sitting in school on Monday morning, go to the lunch room and open my lunch box, unfold the wax paper around my sandwich, bit into one of the corners of my diagonally cut sammich. First bite, just lettuce and whip. Second bite, get to the roast beast, teeth can't cut through so as you pull away, the whole piece of meat comes out. Put bread down, rip piece of meat off with hand, open bread, place rest of piece of meat back down and close sandwich. Repeat previous steps until sandwich is finished.

You obviously don't have that issue with that beef!!!! Awesome!!

Thank You Shell !!!

That all sounds too familiar. My Mom used to fry Round Steak. She wasn't a great cook, but she bought the Round steak because she had to feed 4 kids on a small Self-employed Carpenter's income. I got Sandwich Spread & PB & J in my lunches, and the first good steak I ever had was in the Army.
              I'd come home from school, and hated to hear we were having "Steak". OH NO---Not Steak---Can't I have a hot dog instead??!!!!!
              Then I'd get the old, "You'll eat what I put on your plate, and like it!!!
              Probably why I gained 17 pounds in 8 weeks of Basic Training!!!

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

heck with invitin' me to dinner. i'll just drop by for the leftovers

another smoke worthy of
                Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with the on this one, have no idea how I missed it. Damn fine prime rib there bear!
                  Don

Humphrey's Pint
                  Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                  Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                  Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                  Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                  Anova One Sous Vide
                  AMPS
                  Purple Thermapen
                  Maverick ET-733
                  DigIQ DX2
                  Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

LOVE IT!!!!

I've got a whole prime in the freezer that I may just have to get after!!!

to ya for a PERFECT smoke on that bad boy!

Comment

Working...
                    X