Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shit 'bout to get real in Squirrelville!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you are rolling along!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      It certainly is! I'm guessing you know the feeling as well. While I am waiting on my casings for the boudin, I thought I would go ahead and get started on the meat portion. I'm going to use half smoked and half not smoked. The smoked is butts and the not smoked is neck bone meat. I've got that rolling along, doing it same as I would a stock. Still got some skimming to do and my house is smelling a wee bit funky. I'm going to use liver, even though I don't like it. It wouldn't be a Cajun boudin if I din't. I'll throw that in the sous vide as to not taint my other meat. I plan on doing the rice like a risotto, using the popcorn rice and the pork stock from the neck bones I'm cooking today, and some white wine. In the meantime, I need to pull out the grinder and stuffer and get it all washed up and ready to go! I also got the pepper jam made today for the egg rolls. I'll post recipe if anyone is interested.
      I don't use liver in boudin or dirty rice.....cause I don like it!

Yes please!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
        It certainly is! I'm guessing you know the feeling as well. While I am waiting on my casings for the boudin, I thought I would go ahead and get started on the meat portion. I'm going to use half smoked and half not smoked. The smoked is butts and the not smoked is neck bone meat. I've got that rolling along, doing it same as I would a stock. Still got some skimming to do and my house is smelling a wee bit funky. I'm going to use liver, even though I don't like it. It wouldn't be a Cajun boudin if I din't. I'll throw that in the sous vide as to not taint my other meat. I plan on doing the rice like a risotto, using the popcorn rice and the pork stock from the neck bones I'm cooking today, and some white wine. In the meantime, I need to pull out the grinder and stuffer and get it all washed up and ready to go! I also got the pepper jam made today for the egg rolls. I'll post recipe if anyone is interested.
        Glad to see ya have some "me" time also. This is fun to follow....
        If my recollection is correct I didn't like popcorn rice as well as the Jasmine. I remember cooking some to eat with gumbo and it was just extremely popcorn smelling and tasting. Just didn't mix well with gumbo...May be just the thing in boudin which I have never ate.
        z
        sigpic
        GMG Daniel Boone
        UDS
        Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
        Vision Kamado grill
        Weber Genesis Silver
        Smokin Tex
        MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
        Maverick ET 732
        Brown and lime green ThermaPens
        2 orange ThermoPops