Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Where is the issue ?
    You drive on the wrong side of the road for starters.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I just want to add, we all made assumptions here and yes it's correct to err on the side of safety. However we as a forum didn't have all the info to help make an educated guess. We have to make sure we know a bit more before just tossing a piece of meat. Like I said in a post I deleted, the animal gave it's life to be on our dinner table, let's do it justice. Ambient temperature in my mind was the missing info here. Imagine if he tossed the meat and we found out ambient temperature was 20 degrees (we're having that here at night now) I'd feel sick if that piece of meat was tossed cause in those temps it was more than likely fine to eat. I told Dave last night I feel an experiment coming. When things slow down I'll be taking a butt to 170 and shut the smoker off. I'm curious to see at what rate the temperature drops.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        You drive on the wrong side of the road for starters.
        As I have mentioned in the past - cars were invented here - so therefore the correct side is the left. After all it keeps your sword arm free :-)

But more to the point - the meat was fine.
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          As I have mentioned in the past - cars were invented here - so therefore the correct side is the left. After all it keeps your sword arm free :-)

But more to the point - the meat was fine.
          Really? While it is arguable as to the definitive origins, it is generally accepted that Karl Benz produced the first... https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/auto.html
          It seems to me he was German & it also seems to me that the Germans drive in the RIGHT side of the road. If you have information otherwise, please provide it, I enjoy learning of new things...

As for the original subject of this thread, please continue... I have learned much.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
            I told Dave last night I feel an experiment coming.
            And I told Ryan that in the future I will strive to be less of an ass.
            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
            -
            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

And I say..thanks to ya both. Life is short and so am I

Cheers! \_/
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

And I say..thanks to ya both. Life is short and so am I

Cheers! \_/
                And finally we agree on something...
                Seems I have heard that before
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  To me...And maybe to me alone...

I can't imagine putting meat in a smoker of any kind and going to sleep...
                  That has bad news written all over it...

BBQ is a food of love and should be treated that way...
                  I do it all the time with briskets and butts, what the Maverick low temp alarm is for. Works on stickburner if you need to tend fire, on WSM just in case need more coals or adjust draft(which is never), on a propane smoker if you run out of propane, etc... you get the drift. I usually have smoker running 225 deg. so I have low box temp alarm set for 200 deg.

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                  IT people...

Ryan, if you do experiment, cant wait to see the results. Although I see variables in that too as a smaller piece of meat will cool off quicker. Either way I think it will come down to a personal judgment call.
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X