No announcement yet.

Playing with Doctor Phreak's.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks sooooooo good kelly, I would never have thought about PB on ribs must give it a try.
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Peanut Butter on Ribs?????? Never heard of that one before. Very interesting! How was the flavor after cooking? Were you able to taste the PB after?

"I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
      PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Another creative smoke from BBQG. Now I am thinking about trying some ribs with PB, asian seasoning, maybe track down some kung pao peppers and trying to make Kung Pao Ribs. Great idea Goddess.
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Everything looks fantastic Kelly. I also thought to myself peanut butter eh? But I give ya credit, never woulda thunk it.

Just aslo wondering how did it taste? Did the peanut flavor go away?

2 Weber Kettles
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
          Brinkman ECB
          Charbroil 940X
          Project UDS
          Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

Awesome looking smoke...Love that Head Country Rub....
            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Fantastic smoke, Kelly! You are so creative!! I love it!
              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                Why do spares get trimmed into St Louis style anyhow? it seems there is a cartalidge that you follow to trim? There sure is a lot of trimmings, they too are on the smoker for beans or whatever.. What do you all do with your trimmings??
                You follow the "joint" between the cartilidge and the actual bone tips. I use a boning knife for this. And yes, about half the weight of the slab is removed. But alot is cartilidge and fat.

I will fillet them out sometimes and make a "Porkball",or smoke and use as mentioned, or in a pot of kraut.

The porkball..I strip out all the cart. and lay out the strips, season, roll and tie up. Kinda a rolled roast...
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                  There sure is a lot of trimmings, they too are on the smoker for beans or whatever.. What do you all do with your trimmings??
                  HawgHeaven had a good idea here. He ground up the trimming and used it for fatties. Waste not want not.
                  http://smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465
                  KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words and points!

It was CA that inspired the peanut butter with his satay sauce.
                    They were excellent, I gave everyone a rib and they could not taste the "peanut butter' it blended wonderfully, I was worried that they were going to be really pnut buttery, but no. It worked well with the java rub, however I mopped with a strong coffee and next time I would mop with say a pineapple, or apple juice.
                    Everyone thought it gave an extra layer of flavor that was very nice.

Mike the trimmings I smoke with, some of them got smothered in the original and the hot sauce, they were closest to the fire box and came off first and they were gone as soon as they hit the munchie table, everyone love the sauces.. Your right the hot is my favorite too!!

The more I smoke and the more wood I get to play with (stop it!) I am amzed how each one has such an individual smell to them... I loved the tbs rom the pecan... YUMMY!
                    Now for a perfume line... ODE to hickory, pecan ....

Ryan yes you did trim them that day! GRR I am surprised I remembered too lol!!
                    Thanks sir Rich, then I was not far off at all..
                    Adam thanks for the link, I had not seen that, great idea!
                    Last edited by Bbqgoddess; 08-05-2009, 08:37 PM.

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

OK, it's 8:45 a.m. here, and now I want some ribs!

Why not get a rib rack? It is really great for lining them up in tight space. This one is by Weber...

Comment

Hi Jimbob,
                        Thanks for the pix! I have two rib racks, but alas in my old faithful, the ribs stand to tall to use em' On a brighter note they work great in Staind, but he is so new I am not so good at regulating temps like I am with old Bertha!
                        Thanks again JB!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Darlin, that be lookin great....never thought about PB. Now fer the trimmin's they go in green's....whatever yer desire is for Louie! Gotta hit them scale's!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                          X