This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the welcome Tex.
    I've only had my chargriller Pro since Xmas so I'm really new at this.

I live in Ontario Canada so getting the beast up to the right temp is a challange when it's only 40 degrees outside.
    If you have any tips for me it would be great.

Glad to be here.

Herb
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Originally posted by lynsey123 View Post
      Thanks for the welcome Tex.
      I've only had my chargriller Pro since Xmas so I'm really new at this.

I live in Ontario Canada so getting the beast up to the right temp is a challange when it's only 40 degrees outside.
      If you have any tips for me it would be great.

Glad to be here.

Herb
      Did you look at the modification link I posted in your first thread??
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Brand new to the smoking game. Just lost my brother he was 61. His wife told me he wanted me to have his smoker. It is a big offset one with a little rust will post pictures before and after making a trail run with ham and turkey for xmas hope i make him proud. I will be leaning heavily on this site i believe.

Comment

welcome to the site fitter, sorry about you losing your brother. Thats very sad. I bet we can get ya smokin in the right direction before ya know it.

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Welcome here Third g..... Lots of smart members on here. I just ain't one of them.... Have fun, poke around & ask questions. Enjoy your stay!
            sigpic

Comment

Thirdgenfitter,
              Great info and help here!
              The four seasons

salt
              pepper
              mustard
              vinegar

Chargriller Pro w. sfb
              Orion Cook
              Big Easy
              Eastman Turkey Fryer
              2- refrigerator smoker in progress
              1- RF trailer build in progress
              UDS
              Brinkman Gourmet
              Great Outdoors Gas

Comment

thx Scott and Capt Dan i look forward to getting to know everyone. i posted one ? in the help section maybe yall could check it out thx.

Comment

Yup we are known to keep a hot line open a walk you through it. Welcome and real sorry about your loss. Pace, hmmm thats near Milton FLA aint it.? I used to live in that scratch ankle town.

Comment

yessir pace and milton used to be the same but no more growin so fast. gonna move further north to jay. less population lol. yes my brother was very good. i always did the fish and turkey fries he did the smokin. wish i wouldve hung with him more now hindsight is perfect. but ill try to make him proud christmas eve i hope lol.

Comment

You can do it. Its just cookin, but I still wish you luck and a Merry Christmas

Comment

thirdgen
                        great folks here....any need for help just ask....
                        Mike
                        Oklahoma City
                        22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                        Weber 22.5 Performer
                        GOSM 3405gw
                        Boomer Sooner Drum
                        Maverick ET-732
                        Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                        A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Back when I lived there it was pretty remote. Bought a house on Gaynell St. near NAS Whiting Field where I was stationed. It enjoyed my time there and used to do alot of fishing off the 3 mile bridge and caught alot of croakers, white trout and once a real nice flounder. But every now and then we would pull up some boney small catfish, eels and crabs but the crabs would let go most of the time.

Originally posted by Thirdgenfitter View Post
                          yessir pace and milton used to be the same but no more growin so fast. gonna move further north to jay. less population lol. yes my brother was very good. i always did the fish and turkey fries he did the smokin. wish i wouldve hung with him more now hindsight is perfect. but ill try to make him proud christmas eve i hope lol.

Comment

yessir i use a castnet. mainly fish for mullet and bullreds.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.
                              Originally from Georgia, USA, But now living in Sweden.
                              I am using a New Braunfels Smoker Which I have modified. The chimney has been lowered so that it almost touches the grill and a heat deflector has been added for better heat distribution. I am alao using a minion basket in the firebox.
                              I also enjoy making fresh sausage - Hot Italian, Bratwurst, Kielbasa, etc.
                              MikeH said he is making a UDS - What is a UDS?

Comment

Hey Rambling...welcome to Smoked-Meat! A UDS is an "Ugly Drum Smoker"- and we have a whole forum for them!

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Enjoy!
                                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                                X