1st attempt at SV Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st attempt at SV Ribs

Had some baby back ribs from Costco, so I rubbed them with some head country and vacuum packed them, then put them in the fridge over night. The next day I heated up sous vide to 140, when it canine to heat I put the ribs in for a 36 hour soak. After 36 hours I pulled them and put them in an ice bath, after 30 minutes they went into the fridge for a few days. Tonight I Heated up Bradley on the highest setting, then put in ribs and smoked with hickory for 1 hour @ about 220-240. I pulled them after 20 minutes and slathered with BBQ sauce then cooked another 20 and slathered again, then cooked for another 40 minutes, so they ended up being in the smoker for 1 hour and 20 minutes. The ribs were very tender but still had to bite off the bone, how I like them, you could actually just pull off with fingers. It was a nice treat to have ribs on a weeknight instead of a weekend and to only have to cook for just over an hour. Will definitely do again and maybe experiment with time in the hot bath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good! I did beef ribs a couple weeks ago and they turned out great it's a nice tool to have around for sure
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      Looks good! I did beef ribs a couple weeks ago and they turned out great it's a nice tool to have around for sure
      How did you do the beef ribs, that was going to be the next thing I try.

Comment

I will copy the link to below, so you can check it out. Might take me a couple minutes to find it.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44824
        sigpic

Comment

I have in the past put a seasoned 1/2 rack of baby backs in the crock pot for 5 hours on low, came back from a job, and reseasoned and onto the grill to finish and sauced..... Not the greatest ribs of all thyme, but pretty damn good when craving ribs. I like the SV idea better. Trial and error and do what you gotta do. My wife unit does not cook, so I gotta do whatever it takes
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            My wife unit does not cook, so I gotta do whatever it takes

I hear ya brother!

As for the SV ribs, that’s interesting. Never thought of trying that. Thanks for posting that!!
            Pete
            Large BGE
            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

One interesting thing about ribs done by SV.

You can see the meat does not pull back from shrinkage, which means juicer meat.

Great job!

dcarch

Comment

Here is another thread on SV ribs for reference.
                Cooking Smoked Baby Back Ribs without a Smoker
                https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. You nailed it. They look wonderful!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks tasty!
                    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X