Rotisserie problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotisserie problem!!!

Hi everyone!!i have a problem.My 2 burner gas grill is perfect for nearly anything I have cooked or smoked but now I have a problem.i decided to try the rotisserie BBQ but my gas grill does not have mount holes or anything to attach a rotisserie.could I possibly find a way to attach something or is there any universal rotisserie system that can make this possible for me?
    Thanks in advance for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a picture

Comment

Rotisserie problem!!!

How is this a 911? You will get the proper help in the proper forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry I could not find which topic in the forum suits my case.i will post it there if you can guide me and I will trie to delete it from here.again I am sorry

Comment

One of the Mods can move it to the proper place if needed.
          I think you are going to have trouble fitting a rotis in that grill. You would have to remove the shelf and cut holes in both sides, that would leak air when not using the rotis.
          Also, it doesn't look like you really have enough room for the rotis to fit with the lid closed.
          Unless you are thinking of just using the rotis with the lid open? In that case you might have to build brackets to hold the rotis mechanism.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Craiger, any help here?
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Mark hit the key points already. Most, if not all roti brackets mount on the side of a grill box. Can't see any place to mount one on your grill. Then you have the clearance issue above the burners, where your grill doesn't appear to have any space.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grantw View Post
                How is this a 911? You will get the proper help in the proper forum.
                A 911 to you may not be a 911 to another member, and vice-versa.
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

It's fine. Maybe this is an urgent question you have. If the moderators think you will get better response from another forum thread then they will move it and notify you accordingly. As in all social media one should use discernment in reading text rather than translating emotion. I think you posted just fine.

From the look of your grill image the lid is probably too shallow to hold a rotisserie which explains why it is fitted with the proper adaptation. I had a friend that installed two arms just on the outside of his grill between the framework and the shelves. then he added two more pieces to support the lid as it would not close far enough but allowed him to have a proportional amount of heat control. Then he would add aluminum foil in three layers across the front to block ambient air flow. It looked funny but it worked for him and the food was great. Some of the best lamb and chicken I have ever eaten. Seems to me he had a brick or something on the side shelf to support the motor.

Good luck with your experiment. And Welcome to the forum.
                  sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
                    It's fine. Maybe this is an urgent question you have. If the moderators think you will get better response from another forum thread then they will move it and notify you accordingly. As in all social media one should use discernment in reading text rather than translating emotion. I think you posted just fine.

From the look of your grill image the lid is probably too shallow to hold a rotisserie which explains why it is fitted with the proper adaptation. I had a friend that installed two arms just on the outside of his grill between the framework and the shelves. then he added two more pieces to support the lid as it would not close far enough but allowed him to have a proportional amount of heat control. Then he would add aluminum foil in three layers across the front to block ambient air flow. It looked funny but it worked for him and the food was great. Some of the best lamb and chicken I have ever eaten. Seems to me he had a brick or something on the side shelf to support the motor.

Good luck with your experiment. And Welcome to the forum.
                    I wanna see a pic of that rig! But I love a good homebodger!

And Welcome from Florida!!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for your immediate response.My concern is not to keep the lid closed as I know that this is not possible with my grill.i just want to find aproper rotisserie that adapts on my two sides on the grill

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post

And Welcome from Florida!!

I also would love a picture of this great accomplishment!!!!

Comment

It was just thin flat metal that he cut to length then bolted to the sides of the grill. the two on the side he drilled to hold his world famous Craig rotisserie. the two on the front he drove bolts through. The lid sat on the bolt ends. When he was finished, the side arms folded towards the back and the front ones folded sideways next to each shelf. Then he had his normal grill back. Pretty ingenious...
                          sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Nikos, something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/OneGrill-Univ...rill+rotissary
                            Mark
                            sigpic

Comment

Exactly!!!I will give it a look Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X