Denton Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denton Texas

Didn't know where to post this ..... I'll be traveling to the Denton TX area and will have some time to kill - thought I'd try to hit some BBQ joints while there. Any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance
    Traeger XL mod - mobile w/4 cooking levels
    ThermoPen
    Maverick ET-73's

Originally posted by Catfish Charlie View Post
    Didn't know where to post this ..... I'll be traveling to the Denton TX area and will have some time to kill - thought I'd try to hit some BBQ joints while there. Any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance

When will you be in town??
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
      When will you be in town??
      The friendly guy from Texas asks the stranger "when will you be in town?" Hmmm .... Maybe he knows of an upcoming BBQ event near Denton that the out of towner might like to attend 😀

The traveler from Detroit, always on guard for car hackers and other criminals reads into the question "when will you be out of town so I can break into your home and harm your family?" 😳

But at the suggestion that its probably just his imagination conditioned from living in such a wonderful place, he responds "I'll be there end of October ... any good recommendations?" 😜
      ThermoPen
      Maverick ET-73's

Comment

Well I guess I could understand you being cautious.. Lets see, if you happen to be coming down the weekend of 18-19th you can shoot 35 miles west of Denton and catch a cook off.. See attached flyer..

As for looking for some good Q in Denton your best bet is Rudy's right off I-35. It is on the south end of Denton.. Or you can head south west 16 miles and hit Hard Eight BBQ in Roanoke Tx. I would hit both but I would say double fours is much better..

Now if you have time to hit Dallas let me know I will point you to one or two of the tops ones..
        Attached Files
        Ken

Comment

Hey Texas Hunter, I appreciate your feedback. I've got some time to kill when I'm there, so I'd be interested to know about those places in Dallas too. I've been known to drive for an hour to get to good BBQ!
          ThermoPen
          Maverick ET-73's

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish Charlie View Post
            Hey Texas Hunter, I appreciate your feedback. I've got some time to kill when I'm there, so I'd be interested to know about those places in Dallas too. I've been known to drive for an hour to get to good BBQ!

No problem.. Shoot me a PM when you have time and I will get you the low down on a few of the top Q places here in DFW in not in the state..
            Ken

Comment

Working...
            X