No announcement yet.

9 Hour Burgundy Mushrooms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what they would be like if dried in a dehydrator then ground up. Might be some complex flavors for a rub.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      I wonder what they would be like if dried in a dehydrator then ground up. Might be some complex flavors for a rub.
      Tried my Pizza Shake yet? ;{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

These would go excellent with a Low n Slow Brisket. Something that takes a LOOOONNNNGGG time to compliment the mushrooms.
        ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
          See above ^^^^^^^^

I would think that you could.. not really a crock pot user... can you bring things to a boil in there? will it be hot enough to dissolve the cubes of bullion?

I do not think a crock will not hold 6 pounds of mushrooms.... If I do these I DO them...a bunch of them... if you try it let me know... I do have one and can see using it! this way i could go outside and not have to worry about the open flame and kids all day!!
          Me thinking over the stove for the first 2 hours then to the preheat crockie, they should of shrunk enuff, we's got a big un'. And maybe using a better chicken and beef broth mix, those cubes are nothing but salt. Less salt, better health. Maybe they needs refrigerated stuff stuff you can buy, comes in a 4"ish jar. Or maybe beef broth and my special chicken broth instead of water.

I'll be makin' this to prep for the coming weekend for brisket, adding more garlic though, gotta be smoked garlic.

Thanks Barkybutts, it's gonna be good.
          Last edited by Conumdrum; 02-17-2014, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Awesome sounding recipe! gonna do this as soon as shrooms go on sale out this way....too pricey just now.
            sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

I don't know how I missed this one. What a great recipe!
              Thanks sharing!
              sigpic
              BGE XL
              BGE Mini
              MAK 1 star #385
              Bradley OBS w/Mods
              Weber 22.5 WSM
              Weber 22.5 Kettle
              Pit Barrel Cooker
              La Caja China
              Mini-WSM

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
                Me thinking over the stove for the first 2 hours then to the preheat crockie, they should of shrunk enuff, we's got a big un'. And maybe using a better chicken and beef broth mix, those cubes are nothing but salt. Less salt, better health. Maybe they needs refrigerated stuff stuff you can buy, comes in a 4"ish jar. Or maybe beef broth and my special chicken broth instead of water.

I'll be makin' this to prep for the coming weekend for brisket, adding more garlic though, gotta be smoked garlic.

Thanks Barkybutts, it's gonna be good.
                Yes that too is a good idea if you do find something take a pic of it so I can give it a try as well.
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Sounds Awesome Brian---Gotta be good, coming from you!!

Our Oval Crockpot should be plenty big, and has to be turned way down to get it to stop boiling!!!

Thanks,
                  Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

have some endurance :-)

Can't imagine cooking mushrooms for 9 hours !
                    That's bonkers
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                      have some endurance :-)

Can't imagine cooking mushrooms for 9 hours !
                      That's bonkers
                      No work to it at all.Once simmering I think I stirred them 3 times all day.And boy did the house smell good
                      2-22.5'' weber
                      1-18'' weber
                      1 smokey joe
                      22.5'' wsm
                      24'' smoke vault
                      1-outhouse
                      Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                      Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
                        No work to it at all.Once simmering I think I stirred them 3 times all day.And boy did the house smell good
                        Yes these really are not much work. the thoughest part for me is cleaning the mushrooms... I get them on sale for .69 for 8 oz... but they are dirty... so they get a good bath and we are good to go.. and yes the house smells so so good!! I do them on a rainy day... Alex I think you have a few of those right..

I am glad so many have tried these.. sorry for taking so long to post.. been doing them for years... and remember they freeze great so make a double batch!!
                        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                        Yoder YS640
                        Weber Genesis
                        Weber 18.5" Kettle
                        Weber Performer
                        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

.....the thoughest part for me is cleaning the mushrooms...
                          For a quick and easy way to clean mushrooms..... put the shrooms into a large zip lock plastic bag partially filled with water. Zip the bag closed and shake. Dump the contents out in to your colander waiting in the sink. Easy peasy.
                          sigpic
                          Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
                          -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
                          -AMNPS
                          -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
                          gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

I am glad so many have tried these.. sorry for taking so long to post.. been doing them for years... and remember they freeze great so make a double batch!!
                            I'm one of the ones who tried your recipe. Absolute KEEPER! if I haven't already done that for this thread!

I made a double batch and used 2 bottles of Pinot Noir. They also keep very well refrigerated. I had one bad container of mushrooms, so I was 8 oz. short, but that left me with some liquid that I've been using for flavoring and deglazing. Total awesomeness.
                            Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
                            ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
                            Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
                            Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

We have made these a handful of times now.... in fact I did 2 batches yesterday and 1 going today. 1/2 going to my mom and dad and the other 1/2 are going into the freezer. We love this recipe!!!

Around the 7-8 hour mark I will take a cup to 2 cups of the liquid out and save this for future cooks - brisket or chuck roast for example. The "broth" is crazy good!!

These last 3 cooks I did change things up a bit. I replaced the dill and the black pepper with equal amounts of Tatonka Dust.

For anyone on the fence about making this recipe - stop thinking about it and just do it!!!
                              Where to Shop -
                              www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
                              https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Originally posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
                                We have made these a handful of times now.... in fact I did 2 batches yesterday and 1 going today. 1/2 going to my mom and dad and the other 1/2 are going into the freezer. We love this recipe!!!

Around the 7-8 hour mark I will take a cup to 2 cups of the liquid out and save this for future cooks - brisket or chuck roast for example. The "broth" is crazy good!!

These last 3 cooks I did change things up a bit. I replaced the dill and the black pepper with equal amounts of Tatonka Dust.

For anyone on the fence about making this recipe - stop thinking about it and just do it!!!
                                I'm off the fence... too much endorsement to stay there!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                                X