Vacmaster Pro 350 Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacmaster Pro 350 Users?

Do I need to apply fairly firm pressure down on the handle when I start sealing? My first eight bags went great, from there it seems like it's hit or miss if sucks air oot like it did the first eight bags. Pulse mode works good though

Got seal thyme set at 2.5. Any recommendations
    sigpic

Got my seal time set at 2 sec. I think...

When I seal I do hold down on the lid till it stops and the tone signals the end...

Only time I had trouble with not enough air being removed was when I tried to cheap out and use less bag...Also I make sure the bag is flat in the sealing area by pulling the bag tight left to right...If that makes sense...

There was a learning curve with this unit but now I think it's the best I have used...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Firm pressure down till the vac pump catches the lid and pulls it down. For time I use 2 seconds for the first couple of seals and then I back it down to 1.5 seconds otherwise it can cut the bags in two pieces.
      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Thank you Craiger and Dana! I will keep messing around with it
        sigpic

Comment

I had to take mine aprt... because I’m a dumbass. All is well again. Dana..you should see the toroidal transformer in that puppy. Impressive.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I hold both corners down till it takes hold that way i can slide the bag back and forth to flatten and get all the air out.!
            2-22.5'' weber
            1-18'' weber
            1 smokey joe
            22.5'' wsm
            24'' smoke vault
            1-outhouse
            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Thanks Gentleman, seems to be working better .....
              sigpic

Comment

Yup. Agree with all that has been said here. Only thing I can add is make sure the vac tray and seal stays clean...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

So, my latest question with this unit is after 3-4 sealing cycles, it will not draw a full vacuum. The first 3-4 cycles draw a full vaccum and seal as expected. Then, anything after the first 3-4 cycles, I have to cut down the excess bag area between the product being sealed and the vacuum/sealing area. It seems to work ok when I do that, and pulls a full vacuum.

I dunno if its working correctly or not??? IMO! It should pull a full vacuum on whatever size bag is used, and suck out the air area between the product being sealed and the vac chamber sealing area? Mine DOES NOT do that after 3-4 initial cycles. MY FS Pro II did it every thyme (sucked oot all the air defore sealing)

Am I missing something? I wonder if I got a faulty unit Idunno I have messed with all the adjustments, butt same results

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Your excessive bag MAY be blocking part of the intake port..that thingie sticking up in the vac tray area.

OR...

are you cutting down on sealing times as advised? You might be melting thru the bag at the seal bar. That’s my bet...
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

What kind of bags are you using?
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Your excessive bag MAY be blocking part of the intake port..that thingie sticking up in the vac tray area.

OR...

are you cutting down on sealing times as advised? You might be melting thru the bag at the seal bar. That’s my bet...
                        My bet too...that seal bar is powerful, and even if it isn't completely sealing the bag, it gets hot enough that it can soften the bag material enough to flatten the embossing so that it won't let air through...thus preventing a full vacuum on the bag. Remember that lid is being pulled down by an increasing vacuum, and as the vacuum increases, more pressure is applied to the warm seal bar and the heated bag material.

To test this theory, reduce the seal time to the absolute minimum and then run several cycles to test.
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                          My bet too...that seal bar is powerful, and even if it isn't completely sealing the bag, it gets hot enough that it can soften the bag material enough to flatten the embossing so that it won't let air through...thus preventing a full vacuum on the bag. Remember that lid is being pulled down by an increasing vacuum, and as the vacuum increases, more pressure is applied to the warm seal bar and the heated bag material.

To test this theory, reduce the seal time to the absolute minimum and then run several cycles to test.
                          This sounds very engineery to me...In other words it might be great advice...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

OR...

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                            Paul

Comment

Thanks Gents, that makes sense now. Will test it out. 👍
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X