Weber starter cubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Eh..they burn clean and will get a chimney going. Hexamine’s pretty inert both during and after combution.

Last cook on the Lang I just broucht along a Sterno can and slipped it inder the fire grate.
    Yup, when I'm on the road with the li'l Weber, that's what I use. Think I might try these Weber thingies oot for that gig... Rest of the thyme, I lite the vortex coals with me weed burner. Done.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yeah I been sold on the cubes since I first tried em...I like the half brick under the chimney...Gets the flame up farther into the coals and seems to light faster...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

I use the side burner on the gasser to light my chimney. Lights it up real quick.

When camping, paper does the trick just takes a little longer.
        Bored Guy Blog

Comment

I use a handful of Fritos when I wanna impress somebody

But Doritos and Cheetos work well too

sigpic
          Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
          -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
          -AMNPS
          -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
          gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

I have lit the chips before but never used them to light my coals...I would rather eat the chips with my beer
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Kids go nutz when I do this
              sigpic
              Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
              -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
              -AMNPS
              -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
              gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                I used to go the chimney route but with kids and dogs running around, etc. I switched to a looft lighter. I works very well, quickly and you can feed as much air oxygen into the coals as you want. It just saves me a headache and a step or two as well.

Been using it now for 2 years and worth every penny to me.
                Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                Love the idea of the Looftlighter thing but the cost and the fact that I gotta string an extension cord to the grill keep me using other means...
                I just went to Harbor Freight and picked up a basic heat gun (or 2) when they have them on sale. Same principle as the looftlighter for a whole lot less money. Other than having to have power nearby, it is quick, clean and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  you guys use fire starters in your bbqs ?

Never thought I'd hear it round here :-)
                  I keep some handy for the Jumbo Joe, if I'm away from power and don't want to pack along a chimney. They do work well
                  sigpic

Comment

These days the cubes are all I use...More reliable and less mess than the paper gig...
                    I put one lit cube on a half brick and put my chimney on top of that...Bingo...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                      These days the cubes are all I use...More reliable and less mess than the paper gig...
                      I put one lit cube on a half brick and put my chimney on top of that...Bingo...
                      Going to try that. Gotta find a brick around here. Thanks Craiger!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X