May have been done already but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, well, well

Now that I have been to Helen, Georgia I can say I liked Georgia better. Seriously though, of all places I found Angel's Envy in a pacakge store in Helen, Ga. in fact they had six bottles when no one else seems to have any, so I bought two bottles. A bit pricey but I figured if I like it, I have a spare. If I don't well I can trade it to someone here for something else.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fender60; 08-05-2017, 05:35 PM.
    sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
    American Legion Riders
    Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Interesting. Being a fan of both...Hmm maybe I’ll have a gander aboot. :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I put a nice dent in a bottle last night. We have state run wine and spirits here in taxalvania. One benefit of that is all of the stores big or small are well stocked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
        Weber Smoky Joe
        18" Weber Silver
        22.5" Weber Gold
        22.5" Weber Silver
        UDS X 2
        Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
        Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
        Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
        Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
        Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
        Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
        Blackstone three burner flat top
        5" AMZNPS
        Vortex x 2
        Maverick ET 73
        Maverick ET 732
        Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
        Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
        Pitmaster iQue 110
        sigpic

Comment

Well we are back from our motorcycle trip to GA. Last night I cracked open a bottle of the Angel's Envy, added a couple pieces of ice and proceeded to sample the elusive whisky.

Before I tell you what I think of Angel's Envy I will say two things. One, I am a Scotch drinker by choice and stick with single malts exclusively. Two, by being a Scotch drinker I am somewhat used to paying more for whisky than say your average bourbon drinker. So paying $52 per bottle before taxes wasn't a deal breaker but the wife drinks Maker's Mark and that is less expensive than the Angel's Envy.

Funny story real quick, when I found the Envy and I saw the price, I immediately told the wife I am about to spend over $100 for some bourbon and she said, OK. Damn I love that gal.

I do not have a trained nose, nor do I know the correct usages of the terms the whisky snobs use. So to get down to brass tacks, this is a fine whisky. It is not overpowering to the nose or the old tongue. It is quite smooth but the finish is short lived although pleasant. The single malts I drink mostly have a longer finish but I was not disappointed in this revelation. Since this bourbon is finished off in Port barrels, the bourbon taste is mostly up front. It would be my guess that the Port barrels have a lot to do with the mildness of the flavor that comes through after the initial taste instead of what i would consider stronger straight bourbon flavor of other Straight Kentucky Bourbons.

Bottom line is I like it and I will be keeping the other bottle. However, I will not be going out of my just to find it. If you like whisky and you are not a bourbon snob, chances are you should enjoy this whisky. Although it is considered a bourbon because it meets the definition, there is no aging statement on the bottle. The only time that really matters to me is when selecting Scotch anyway.
          sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
          American Legion Riders
          Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Working...
          X