Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man...brother......I never gave this thread points......

Comment

anyone know how to get a hold of him... i really would like the dimensions...

Comment

Originally posted by iPreach4God View Post
        anyone know how to get a hold of him... i really would like the dimensions...
        BBQEngineer is here quite regularly :{)

Welcome to Smoked-Meat Preacher#3 (We already have two...PreacherRogers and Crusty Ole Salt )

Probably a good thing considering some of the membrship here heh!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

thanks and glad to be here... i really love this and have a guy at church willing to do all the work for free... i want this for our church picnics and fund raising...it is simply amazing

Comment

I'm gonna have to start watching who I hang out with Rich
            Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
              Hi Everyone,

Last summer I built a large trailer mounted smoker that was quite a project for me. I thought I would post the build here so that you can see my adventure too. It is pretty long, so I thought I would post it in sections every few days so if you have any questions about the build I can answer them.

What I wanted was a trailer mounted reverse flow smoker with a side rib rack that was double walled and insulated. The plan was for the horizontal chamber to be 4' in length, and ~26 inches square. I am actually going to cut one corner off, so the side that the doors are on is not sitting vertical, but slanted a bit...sort of like a side view of the old time Ice Machines that sat outside of gas stations and grocery stores...). In my graphic, the red is the fire, and it will traverse the horizontal unit and enter the blue smoking chamber. It will then flow across the meat, and then enter the side rib rack at the bottom (represented by the yellow). It will exit the top through a 4" square chimney.

I had built some smaller cabinets that were double walled and insulated, so I had a good Idea what I was getting into…

I think that this smoker is epic! I hope I'm not annoying you but I'd love to build one similar to this. You have any more pictures or dimensions? Anything you'd change on it? I like the air intake valves on the front. They work well?
              Last edited by DDave; 09-17-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Dang, thanks for bumping this. I have of course noticed this smoker in BBQE's sig. I have often thought to ask where he bought it....no I know LOL! So here are some more for one heck of an accomplishment.
                Weber Smoky Joe
                18" Weber Silver
                22.5" Weber Gold
                22.5" Weber Silver
                UDS X 2
                Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                Blackstone three burner flat top
                5" AMZNPS
                Vortex x 2
                Maverick ET 73
                Maverick ET 732
                Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                Pitmaster iQue 110
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zelix View Post
                  I think that this smoker is epic! I hope I'm not annoying you but I'd love to build one similar to this. You have any more pictures or dimensions? Anything you'd change on it? I like the air intake valves on the front. They work well?
                  Hey Zelix, Not annoying me...just had a big cook today at work, the Feast of Feasts, the Gobble Till You Wobble Thanks-Give-Mas Potluck. Did 4 turkeys and a couple of hams. Damn I'm stuffed.

Anyway

I did post the smaller insulated cabinet build as well. You can look at that one at this link. I'll PM you as well.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6649
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                    Hey Zelix, Not annoying me...just had a big cook today at work, the Feast of Feasts, the Gobble Till You Wobble Thanks-Give-Mas Potluck. Did 4 turkeys and a couple of hams. Damn I'm stuffed.

Anyway

I did post the smaller insulated cabinet build as well. You can look at that one at this link. I'll PM you as well.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6649
                    Thanks I really appreciate it. I'm pretty decent at AutoCAD so I'm going to draw up some plans this weekend for it. I think I'll have to build a sheet metal bender so It will cut down on the welding some.

Comment

How's it going BBE I'm going to build a smoker kind of like your design without the extra cabinet on top of the firebox but what I was wondering is on my opening from my firebox to the cooking chamber it needs to be 6X18.5 or something like that does that have to be the same all the way through the reverse plate or does it matter

Thanks
                      Smokincal
                      Almost done buddy

Comment

home built

Just wanted to drop you a pic. of by box smoker inspired by your earlier posts.
                        I am new to the forum world, so I hope I am doing this right. Still a few incomplete items, but works well. Have smoked a chicken, pork butt and slab of bacon. Using a 1kw hot plate and thermostat for regulation with a smoke daddy on the side.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lookin good.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
                          Authorized Humphrey Smoker Dealer

Comment

Absolutely awesome....wow!
                            Smoker
                            Dyna-Glo - 46" Vertical Gas Smoker

Grill
                            KitchenAid Charcoal Grill - 1070" cooking space

Comment

Hey BBQE, awesome build! I was wondering, it's been a while since you built this thing, have you noticed any warpage anywhere with the 1/8" material? I am planning on building a smoker and plan to use the same material as you did. Would be curious to know if after a few years of use you've seen any material deformation.

Thanks, and awesome build!
                              -Mike in Alabama

Why do we park in a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

K.I.S.S. U.D.S.
                              My DBS
                              My Insulated Hybrid

Comment

Awesome

Nice thread......excellent built.....inspired me to NOT put out 5k and build design my own.

Thank you BBE......I will prolly be in touch

Comment

Working...
                                X