Ribs and Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribs and Butt

I think I had a pretty successful smoke over the weekend. Did a couple of racks of ribs and a 6.5 lb butt. Wood of choice was oak and cherry. Everything was seasoned with SPOG and paprika.

Got the WSM at 240 when I put the meat on and it dropped to about 225*. Well I got a later start than I wanted to so I opened it up some and got to about 275*. The ribs got done in about 5hrs which included getting wrapped for about 1.5 hrs. Sauced em’ with SBR, man were they good!

The butt hit a stall at about 164* for about 30 minutes so I covered the pan with foil. Total time was 8.5 hrs, let it rest for 30 minutes or so before pulling.

Well everyone ate all the ribs but I do have some butt leftover for my lunches this week! Thanks for lookin’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit Howdy!! I'd hit that in a hurry!! Great looking rib burn and pork azz! Also, way to go on that narrativeI always see those stalls come around at the 160-165 range. A while back I began brining my butts overnight and it helps with those stalls.
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Nice job they look delicious.

Comment

Some awesome pork you got there! Might have to put some ribs on the short list
        ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Nice work..and Welcome to Smoked-Meat. Notice ya eschewed the water pan for foil. Good call!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Some good lookin' eats... Nicely done...

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Nice work..and Welcome to Smoked-Meat. Notice ya eschewed the water pan for foil. Good call!
            Alright... Who slipped Rich the thesaurus???

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
            Paul

Comment

Howdy all and thanks!
              @Richtee, yep just foiled. No sand, lava rock, terra-cotta or anything else. Never really had a problem controlling temps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                Very Nice Butt & Ribs, Smoke!!---

Nice Job!

Bear

@Bearcarver, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post

Alright... Who slipped Rich the thesaurus???
                  Dude.. Chew just don’t know da extents of my word-thing usage by presently?
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks Awesome!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well ya maybe aint been posting lots but you obviously been paying attention and learning along the way...

Great pork work
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X