Playing with Doctor Phreak's.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with Doctor Phreak's.....

Pecan wood! along with his Head Country rub (smells & tastes yummy)..
    I got started late today... I was trying to go with the 3-2-1 method, not sure I have the 6 hours tho to get it done, we wanted to eat earlier than that...
    Anyhow, I have never trimmed spares before... so I gave it a go... mine look a lot bigger than FBJ so maybe I did not do it correctly??? Thanks Ry cuz watching you was imperitave in me even attempting this... So please let me know if I ruined the ribs!!

Here is the first rack trimmed... I think I got better after the first one.. but..

This rack I slathered with peanut butter...

Then I covered it with my Java rub..

The next rack I am using Dr Phreak's Head Country rub...

Then rack 3 is with Rob's (Blues n Cues) rib rub, and final is sea salt and black pepper....

All over pecan from Oklahoma!! Yeah!!

I rolled em, cuz I do not have room for more than two racks on my old faithfull.. I did not use staind as I am still learning how to control his temps..

Why do spares get trimmed into St Louis style anyhow? it seems there is a cartalidge that you follow to trim? There sure is a lot of trimmings, they too are on the smoker for beans or whatever.. What do you all do with your trimmings??

Am I on the road to rib success finally or is this a train wreak waiting to happen?? Help!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Kel I like your fearless approach to que!!
    Keith

Comment

Thanks Keith,
      I just praying that Im not involved in a train wreck!!

Comment

Sister.....ain't never thought or heard of puttin mashed up goober pea's on rib's! Got my interest up for the finish!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

whoa...oh....you got me interest perkin up on that PB/Java Rub Ribs
          i hope you really like the head country rub i love it...
          if you never cooked over pecan boy you are in for a treat..and not only that its from Oklahoma...hope you like...i will be watchin....good job

and the ribs look just fine with the saint louie cut
          like that big hatchet u got there
          Mike
          Oklahoma City
          22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
          Weber 22.5 Performer
          GOSM 3405gw
          Boomer Sooner Drum
          Maverick ET-732
          Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Peanut butter ribs? two of my faverite things but never thought about putting them together. I will be watching this one.
            2-22.5'' weber
            1-18'' weber
            1 smokey joe
            22.5'' wsm
            24'' smoke vault
            1-outhouse
            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Your St.Louis trim looks fine. Smoke those trimmins up and save em...best I ever did with em was split pea soup.....

Peanut butter???
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

looks tasty , peanut butter rub is interesting I bet it will be fantastic
                Col. Big Guy

Comment

Now we're just waiting to see the results. I too will be interested in the peanut butter rub.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Well... sorry for the late reply... girls get together have a few cocktails, next thing ya know it 2 am! YIKES

The pecan was fabulous, I love it thank you again Mike!

While the ribs were cooking we threw on some oysters for munchies... threw some hickory on the coals and yum!

this was the peanut butter ones going into the foil with the coffee mop I was using...

These are the Head Country rub ribs coming off out of the foil...
                    I never did get them out of the foil for the last hour.. cuz well refer to first line..

Here are the peanut butter ribs...

This is all 4 racks sliced, from the left you have plain sea salt & pepper, the Blues n cues rub, then Head Country rub the last pile are the peanut butter ribs..

The only ribs I have left are the plain ones! lol!
                    What a great feast, Blues rub was delicious, the Head Country was delicious, and the p-butter ribs were really delicious to... absolutely different, but really tasty! They were falling off the bone.. so maybe too long in the foil? that kinda bummed me out, but you know woman and chatting...

We also had Smoke in the Holler beans... now requested at every bbq, thanks Tip! I did not get any pictures of those yummy beans.... again refer to first line...

Thanks for peeking!

Comment

I was ready to click the scales when I saw the peanut butter slathered ribs , just for creativity . Add in the taste test of a couple of rubs and great pictures, well ...

Awesome !!! scales clicked
                      Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

Bbqgoddess, as always just an amazing spread. Everything looks fantastic. Peanut butter on ribs, cool. Kudos and of course
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        KCBS CBJ

Comment

well peanut butter and a seasoned rib is kinda a satay flavouring so yeah that'll work great :-)
                          Only reason i can think of for the plain ribs being left is - no ketchup

All the racks I buy are already trimmed so never done that. But it all looks great.
                          I really do need to try these again with more heat, got the racks in the freezer now I just need a few hours without rain....

Rib for sure :-)
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Holy friggin pork ribs Kelly. I haven't run into this thread till now! I am not sure how I missed it. Dang Kel I'd say you nailed it. The rib trimmin' looks great. Did I trim those that day?? Hmmm? Long day...grr Those do look tasty! A wonderful smoke my friend!
                            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

kelly loooks awesome i glad you like the rub and pecan...did you try any of the sauces yet....the PB ribs looks really good how wood you describe the taste can you taste PB....gotta give you for the experiment on PB ribs..nice job
                              Mike
                              Oklahoma City
                              22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                              Weber 22.5 Performer
                              GOSM 3405gw
                              Boomer Sooner Drum
                              Maverick ET-732
                              Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                              A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Working...
                              X