Posted On: 01-17-2018
Replies: 11
Views: 183
0 Lobster Taco Al Carbone
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Posted On: 01-16-2018
Replies: 15
Views: 202
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Replies: 5
Views: 97
0 S.I.P raised bed planters
Last Post: Otis857
Replies: 17
Views: 180
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,522 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,183 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,421 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Meat Mopper

Fishbum Is  A Name Known To All
Fishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To All
Default Poor Man's amazin smoker

When cash is low you make do with what you have on hand. Did a test burn and got right at 4 hours with a little less then half full. Good constant smoke with some hickory pellets I picked up for 9 bucks, 20 pounder. Sized it to fit in my mes 30, not bad for 30 minutes work. Works way better then stock smoke setup. Sorry phone malfunction.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fishbum; 12-12-2017 at 03:32 PM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Pit Master

devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All
devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbum View Post
When cash is low you make do with what you have on hand. Did a test burn and got right at 4 hours with a little less then half full. Good constant smoke with some hickory pellets I picked up for 9 bucks, 20 pounder. Sized it to fit in my mes 30, not bad for 30 minutes work. Works way better then stock smoke setup.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
interesting

PBC Drum Smoker
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
Miss Piggy Smoker
Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Last edited by devo; 12-13-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

Looks good! How many cuts did you end up with during the manufacturing?
Old 12-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Meat Mopper

Fishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To All
Default Poor Man's amazin smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post

None, tin snips my friend, now razor blades are a different story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapata

Last edited by Fishbum; 12-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Miracle Whip Free Zone...

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

Nicely done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post

Quote:
Cut a piece 11"x5", measured in 1" from all sides marked that off, cut from outer corner to marked inner corner, folded sides up along lines, bent cut ends around corners. Then made center divider from a piece 8"x 2 1/4" bent into triangle with 1 inch base and wire it to the center bottom of main piece. Finished size 9"x3". I guess you could call it two main cuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would guess he was talking aboot your fingers...

HORIZON 16" Classic Offset
SToK Tower Grill
Weber 18.5"
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 12-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
Nicely done...

I would guess he was talking aboot your fingers...
That's why they make pliers and gloves

Craig
Old 12-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Necessity is the mother of all inventions..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 12-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Just One More....

Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All
Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All

Where did you find material like that

ECO
Hobart Meat Grinder 4822 series
F.Dick 12 Ltr. Sausage Stuffer

There's only two types of Beer: Cold and Free.
_____
Jim
Old 12-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Meat Mopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicken Asphalt View Post
Where did you find material like that

Don't laugh but it came from a small trashcan I had stashed back in my greenhouse. Ran across it yesterday. Iknew I saved it for something. And I have enough left over for something else. Any stiff wire mesh would work.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Just One More....

Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All
Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Don't laugh but it came from a small trashcan I had stashed back in my greenhouse. Ran across it yesterday. Iknew I saved it for something. And I have enough left over for something else. Any stiff wire mesh would work.

Thatís way we donít throw a lot of stuff away, you never know.

Nice job

ECO
Hobart Meat Grinder 4822 series
F.Dick 12 Ltr. Sausage Stuffer

There's only two types of Beer: Cold and Free.
_____
Jim
Old 12-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Just curious what kind of materials it was made oot of? Does/did it say on the can you used? I think the process/idea is awesome, butt have heard certain metals and coatings can potentially be hazardous when exposed to heat. Not doubting your fabrications at all. Just curious, and looking oot for the health and safety of all.

I AM NOT the smoker safety police, and DO NOT pretend to be such, just curious what materials were used, so others can make decisions based on your information.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:05 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Not so much. Aluminum, galv. stuff would be poor choices. That design will likely twist up some.

The ďrealĒ one is heavy stainless. Cross brace supported. thereís a reason it costs a few dollars.

[Personal opinion] Nice to play around, but this is a knockoff of a friend of mineís design, and I take a dim view of posting such things. [/Personal opinion]
Old 12-13-2017, 07:04 AM

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Not so much. Aluminum, galv. stuff would be poor choices. That design will likely twist up some.

The ďrealĒ one is heavy stainless. Cross brace supported. thereís a reason it costs a few dollars.

[Personal opinion] Nice to play around, but this is a knockoff of a friend of mineís design, and I take a dim view of posting such things. [/Personal opinion]
Question: If he does not wish to market it, is it still a problem?

SToK Tower Grill
Weber 18.5"
Weber Smokey Joe

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 12-13-2017, 08:07 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
Necessity is the mother of all inventions..
Well..itís the mother of something. In this case..NOT an invention
Old 12-13-2017, 08:20 AM

Talking What? I can't make my own fireworks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
You donít manufacture anything for sale either.

And how about the other 12,000 people seeing this and deciding to build one instead of buying?
So, you're saying you don't want us following your example & making our own incendiary devices???

SToK Tower Grill
Weber 18.5"
Weber Smokey Joe

NRA Patron Life Member

-Martin Luther-

Old 12-13-2017, 08:32 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
So, you're saying you don't want us following your example & making our own incendiary devices???
Iím saying.. nothing other than what I said. An opinion. From a manufacturerís point of view. Alternate points of view are a good thing typically. Well.. sometimes.

Sooo/... carry on.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All

The original maze and their pellets can be found very reasonably on their site and Amazon, no need to knock off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Pit Master

devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All
devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All

Never had any luck getting the maze to stay lit. I have both the maze and the tube smoker. The tube smoker worked a lot better until the holes plugged up. Pain in the butt checks to clean them out but it can be done to make it work again like new. The maze always stopped burning about 1\4-1\2 done.

PBC Drum Smoker
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
Miss Piggy Smoker
Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator
Old 12-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

OP, Sir, if your shallow on funds I'll buy you a amazn tray as a gift. No repayment ever needed. Merry Christmas !!!. Pm me if you are interested.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > The Tool Crib