RichTs VS Tones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichTs VS Tones

It was about time I used up the remainder of the 50 lbs. of seasoning that Rich sent me, so I decided to put em to the test, Richs VS Tones ( my rib favorite)

The end result was...........................

The tooth pics are Richs

I dont know what happened to the camera

I have to say Richs rub...............................................

was fantastic

Very Good, thanks Rich, very good flavor and even an afterburner taste as well!!!
    20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
    36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
    22" webber
    several burners
    pool/spa (of course)
    sigpic

thats really a no brainer..........we have a tones plant here.........but even if i go there, i don't believe it would be as fresh as freshly ground spices......where as richs is made from freshly (sorta) dried peppers, who knows how old the dried peppers used in the first place.

thats why i try to grind my own spices as i need em..........they don't go stale that way...........like a Tones, who knows HOW long it took to get to your store shelves........sitting in warehouses for who knows how long.......

but, be that as it may..........how DID the tones do........i know it wasnt up to richs stuff........but did it give ANYTHING to the ribs?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Rich's rub is GREAT!!

I used it on the last pork shoulders I did and my wife went NUTS over the pulled pork.

Dave
      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
      UDS 1.0
      Afterburner
      Weber Performer
      Blue Thermapen
      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
      Auber Smoker Controller
      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
      -
      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

poolguy,

they look awesome great job. I can not wait to recieve my 50 lbs of rub, well really 100 lbs 50 from th also.
        I just have to ask. what is the tooth picks in the ribs for? is this one of bubbas unshared secrets ?
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

"but, be that as it may..........how DID the tones do........i know it wasnt up to richs stuff........but did it give ANYTHING to the ribs?"

WD.......... I use the Tones alot on the ribs, it has a great taste, some times I use my own concoction, But Richs blend has a great flavor.
          36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
          22" webber
          several burners
          pool/spa (of course)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
            poolguy,

they look awesome great job. I can not wait to recieve my 50 lbs of rub, well really 100 lbs 50 from th also.
            I just have to ask. what is the tooth picks in the ribs for? is this one of bubbas unshared secrets ?
            The toothpics represents the ribs I coated with Richs rub, just to help me differentiate between the Tones and Richs. They were great ...,
            36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
            22" webber
            several burners
            pool/spa (of course)
            sigpic

Comment

Nice job on the ribs....guess I am gonna have to hit up Rich also...
              Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
              http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank ya PG. I have wasted alot of spice coming up with that. Well, not wasted, as it's a stepping stone to improvement. I also appreciate the feedback, as it's a critical ingredient of ANY recipe.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                X