Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > BBQ Cook offs

BBQ Cook offs Keep Us Updated On The Local Cook offs.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 01-16-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 37
0 The most satisfying sound...
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 9
Views: 136
0 Shredded Chicken Fritters
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 12
Views: 112
0 Did some belly
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 16
Views: 228
0 Whitetail snack sticks,,45lbs of goodness
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 13
Views: 156
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,521 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,177 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,314 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 07-07-2015, 01:24 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadowdaddy View Post
I'm just talking specifically aboot the resume.
Of course. Let's face it...IF yer there SPENDING that much... chances are yer damned good. I doubt they get much crap turned in. Some no doubt... but not much.

they should shape the awards to look like a 4 leaf clover

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 07-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Pit Master

tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All
tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Of course. Let's face it...IF yer there SPENDING that much... chances are yer damned good. I doubt they get much crap turned in. Some no doubt... but not much.

they should shape the awards to look like a 4 leaf clover

I just edited my last post. You should read that story. Good stuff!

Humphrey's Pint
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
Anova One Sous Vide
AMPS
Purple Thermapen
Maverick ET-733
DigIQ DX2
Misfit #1674

Old 07-07-2015, 04:39 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

had a buddy's team get all drunk the night before and they ruined their competition ribs...well whaddya know, they had some left over from the previous night's party. They got a call.

I have won money from comps, but I have also had side by side judges give me a 6 and a 9...WTF? That six just cost me my entrance fee, my meat costs, several days of vacation for both me and Mrs. Engineer, and a hell of a lot of work with setup and teardown. Competitions are fine, but I am way beyond someone else telling me my food is good. I know for a fact that it is.

I agree with Rich. There is no way that turning in the best product has anything to do with winning the Royal. It has more to do with the luck of getting a good table.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:07 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Big comps are all bullshit, laced with glitz and the perceived hope of glamour. I know my food, and know what's good. For me, to rely on some "expert" (that was most likely "trained" on the spot), to tell me what I did wrong, just don't cut it. KCBS makes a shitload of money off of the poor saps that show up to compete, and to sadly be shot down. I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars competing, and have turned in some incredible food. Butt alas, I had the goods, butt I didn't have the name.

There is a click oot there...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 07-07-2015, 05:20 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Butt alas, I had the goods, butt I didn't have the name.

There is a click oot there...
I dunno..the turn in is pretty blind. But there are profiles. obviously. That's fine. But Table #35 don't get what Table 15 had..or Table 27. And Table 5 are hung over and sick..and Table 31's newbies and think everything is great.

Yeah I got ribbons and whatnot. Some might think that means I'm pretty good. Perhaps they oughta reserve that call and have a sandwich, a rib or a slice of brisket.

After all, it's what who's in front of you or is paying that really matters.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:43 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Yeah, profiles... I have me own, where I did very well in some places, then go to the next one and repeat the exact same thing... nadda. Just got tired of all the work, lack of sleep, and expense of it all. And the idiots judging... Like Dana said, at the same table a 6 and a 9... WTF?!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > BBQ Cook offs