Posted On: 01-21-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 18
0 Paprika Gravy
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 0
Views: 17
0 Been playing with an Italian sausage mix.
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 20
Views: 325
0 Lobster Taco Al Carbone
Last Post: curious aardvark
Replies: 17
Views: 250
0 Fishawn inspired chicken fritters :-)
Last Post: curious aardvark
Replies: 10
Views: 86
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,528 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,197 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,676 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-05-2015, 08:36 AM
This Space: FOR RENT

THUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

bumped to thank you Rich...

got a couple 8+ pounders yesterday,,,
will use this method!!!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
It was that 8" boner that got me too..
somethings just sound odd when you read a thread backwards
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

I cuss like a Sailor, because I am a Sailor

Old 09-15-2015, 04:02 PM

THUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

just gave the split a try on a single 8lb'r,,, no problemo...

split,,, trimmed,,, mustarded,,, hunkyfied an wrapped...

my notes say 250-275 or even a tad hotter,,, yes spritz now an again...
wrap around 160 or so,,,
195-205 is finish and healthy rest hey???

thanks again Rich...
Old 09-15-2015, 04:48 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPERRRR View Post
just gave the split a try on a single 8lb'r,,, no problemo...

split,,, trimmed,,, mustarded,,, hunkyfied an wrapped...

my notes say 250-275 or even a tad hotter,,, yes spritz now an again...
wrap around 160 or so,,,
195-205 is finish and healthy rest hey???

thanks again Rich...
Yer welcome. You notice a bit quicker cook time?
Old 09-15-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Yer welcome. You notice a bit quicker cook time?
will see tomorrow...

lookin at charcoal baskets for them crazy long cooks,,,
(hell I never did a crazy long cook)
dont need to burn up a bunch o primo wood after a couple few hours in
and especially when meat is wrapped...

them numbers I posted close enuff folks???
Old 04-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Fire Starter

JayDogg2012 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherJayDogg2012 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherJayDogg2012 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherJayDogg2012 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherJayDogg2012 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherJayDogg2012 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherJayDogg2012 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherJayDogg2012 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Just did a butt today, and I wish I had tried out that neat looking trick. Will try it out next time! Looks good!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

i'll get after this method Hunky Cat Daddy...mens group at Church wants a pp gig! save me some time! .... Cheers!... Beam!

Old 01-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Fire Starter

Smoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To All
Smoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To AllSmoketuffbbq Is  A Name Known To All

Nice work man

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Pit Master

tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All
tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All

Well now. Just when you think you know every way to smoke a butt here comes this thread. This thread has three winners in it for me. We love pulled pork around here. The thing is there are only three of us most of the time. Yeah we have the food saver and freeze what we don't eat but I tend to make it only when we are having a crowd over. One of those halves would be pretty much perfect for us. So that's one thing. Second is that when cooking both I get more bark. Anything that gets more bark in my life is a good, no make that great thing. So that's the second thing. The third thing has nothing to do with the split method. It is seeing a post from Cavman1 !! Sig says home where I belong. Not sure if he means back Southwestern PA or not. If it is he has an open invite to West Virginia's embassy here in SW PA aka Clarksville. Be advised that while there is an active rail line running through the end of town neither Mikey Dolenz or any of his band mates have ever been here.

Just realized this is from 18 months ago. Oh well. It's new to me.
22.5" Weber Silver
UDS X 2
Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
Char Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
Charbroil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
5" AMZNPS
Vortex x 2
Walmart gasser for Mrs Bee.
Maverick ET 73
Maverick ET 732
Maverixk Pro Temp instant read thermometer
Pitmaster iQue 110
Old 02-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

Good share. I have been meaning to try this, although I must have at least once when I did buckboard bacon. It will be nice getting rid of a lot of that
junk and yes...more bark
z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 04-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Pit Master

PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All
PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All

I guess it's about time for me to jump on this band wagon. I have a butt thawing for this weekend. I thought I had a twin pack in the freezer and was going to try the Mayo vs. Mustard thing, but it turns out it was only a single butt (who the hell buys only single packs of butts? must have been the wife! )

So, I've been telling myself I'm going to try the split butt method for quite a while now, but every time I get to making pulled pork I forget. This time I'm determined I will NOT forget, and this way I still get to try the mayo vs mustard thing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Pork