Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations

911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here!!!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Suckling pig???
Last Post: Richtee
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 2
Views: 18
0 Ribeyes with chimichurri.
Last Post: Blue Dog BBQ
Replies: 0
Views: 5
0 Prime Brisket
Replies: 34
Views: 390
0 Thin Blade Knives?
Replies: 16
Views: 152
0 Project
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 16
Views: 150
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,464 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,981 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,840 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 07-21-2017, 12:40 AM
Pit Master

shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All
shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All
Default Hawaiian or Polynesian smoked pork suggestions

So my VFW is throwing a Luau themed party. I volunteered to do a smoked pork product of some kind. I don't want to do a typical bbq smoked pork I want it to be big Island type food. I'll take a day or two off to do my smoking. I need ideas for a sandwich idea. I'm not opposed to a chicken dish either. I'm looking for a main dish that is Hawaiian themed. I see a lot of kahlua pork recipes on Pinterest but they're crock pot with just salt and liquid smoke, I would obviously sub real smoke and our true slow cooker. I think I'll do a side of Dutch's baked beans maybe more Hawaiiany. Also looking at doing a version of swineapple with a sub of the ribs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! It's in Aug 12th, 4:00 food will be in chafers. The other main is a pineapple ham. Also suggestions for an appy. It's a buffet, not sit down, it's just out in the pavilion so super casual and cheap. Please keep in mind that this will probably be maybe 100 tops. Also, I lost sparky so I only have my Weber kettle so it could be a couple days for prep, I can't do bulk but I could do a couple hours of smoke and then finish in the oven just for time and convenience. Help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earnhardt Jr smoker
Brinkman smoke n' grill
a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 07-21-2017, 06:48 AM
DRT

smokebuzz Knows How To Mop The Meat

For my youngest dots graduation party I done pork butts injected with equal parts pineapple juice , Kuluah and Malibu rum, it was a hit..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 07:14 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebuzz View Post
For my youngest dots graduation party I done pork butts injected with equal parts pineapple juice , Kuluah and Malibu rum, it was a hit..
Dang, that sounds gooood!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 07-21-2017, 07:34 AM
🌵

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbellc View Post
So my VFW is throwing a Luau themed party. I volunteered to do a smoked pork product of some kind. I don't want to do a typical bbq smoked pork I want it to be big Island type food. I'll take a day or two off to do my smoking. I need ideas for a sandwich idea. I'm not opposed to a chicken dish either. I'm looking for a main dish that is Hawaiian themed. I see a lot of kahlua pork recipes on Pinterest but they're crock pot with just salt and liquid smoke, I would obviously sub real smoke and our true slow cooker. I think I'll do a side of Dutch's baked beans maybe more Hawaiiany. Also looking at doing a version of swineapple with a sub of the ribs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! It's in Aug 12th, 4:00 food will be in chafers. The other main is a pineapple ham. Also suggestions for an appy. It's a buffet, not sit down, it's just out in the pavilion so super casual and cheap. Please keep in mind that this will probably be maybe 100 tops. Also, I lost sparky so I only have my Weber kettle so it could be a couple days for prep, I can't do bulk but I could do a couple hours of smoke and then finish in the oven just for time and convenience. Help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen a couple recipes using banana leaves to wrap the kalua style pork butt & then cooked low & slow in the smoker. The leaves give it a very unique flavor, kind of an aromatic and sweetish flavor. I've used them when I make puerco pibil.
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

CHRISTMAS MAY BE A WEE BIT LATE...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 07-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
I've seen a couple recipes using banana leaves to wrap the kalua style pork butt & then cooked low & slow in the smoker. The leaves give it a very unique flavor, kind of an aromatic and sweetish flavor. I've used them when I make puerco pibil.

Yeah just go out to your banana tree pick some leaves and your set
Or maybe Ice could send you some of those special grown in the desert banana leaves Just kiddin Ice
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 07-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

You could always do Huli Chicken which is really more of a grill thing.

Or, take that to pork, inject, baste, and smoke.......
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 07-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Administrator

bbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To Allbbally Is  A Name Known To All

You will have to do a smoked spam sandwich. No way aeound spam in Hawaii.

A smoked pork with course salt and shoyu will be a good traditional island Smoked Meat. Do not forget the maui sweet onions

Banana leaf smoked marlin.

Asian stores are carrying a lot of the Hawaii salts, soy sause (shoyu) and banana leaves.

Any of the heavier game fish can be used in place of marlin.

Do not forget the spam. Hawaii is the largest consumer per capita of spam in the world.

HULI HULI has been mentioned. It is a good one. I do the chicken on the grill then i put it in miffin pans to smoke it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Old 07-21-2017, 06:32 PM
🌵

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. View Post
Yeah just go out to your banana tree pick some leaves and you('re) set
Or maybe Ice could send you some of those special grown in the desert banana leaves Just kiddin Ice
Don't make me come up there & smack you, Doug...
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

CHRISTMAS MAY BE A WEE BIT LATE...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 07-21-2017, 06:52 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. View Post
Yeah just go out to your banana tree pick some leaves and your set
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
Don't make me come up there & smack you, Doug...
Aight Boys, Nanner leaves at 20 yards!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 07-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Meat Mopper

Fishbum Is  A Name Known To All
Fishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To All

Got the real deal,this is from last year.
IMG_1565.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations