Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations

911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here!!!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 2017 Bacon Project
Last Post: WALLE
Posted On: 12-17-2017
Replies: 11
Views: 189
0 Hello from Canada
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 14
Views: 129
0 $3.98 A lb Ribeye Dinner On A Smokey Joe
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 7
Views: 82
0 Snack sticks on MES
Last Post: Blinginpse
Replies: 26
Views: 376
0 Did We Miss These Birthdays?? THUMPERRRR & TKOBBQ
Last Post: crusty ol salt
Posted On: 12-16-2017
Replies: 4
Views: 55
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,469 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,995 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 645,108 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 08-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by christntdynomite View Post
I think it was just like a ring all the way through possible. Idk I'll document better next run an get some pics up.maybe the pros can help a rocky out

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

It's true, Cure would do that, but sometimes it happens without cure:

Below is a Pic of a pile of Baby Backs that I smoked in an Electric Smoker (No smoke ring with Electric Smoker), and I didn't add any cure, and these were Pink all the way through.
I used 80% Hickory & 20% Apple on these:

Bear

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Fire Starter

christntdynomite Is Just Starting Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedToad View Post
Didn't mean to hijack your thread dynamite, but I just happen to have some pics on my camera roll of the Smithfield ribs you were takin about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem this is all helping, I did use all wood forni don't have a source yet,just chunks from the store along with b&b charcoal logs or Kingsford. I need to learn how to burn the open flame better and not bring the temp up to high.lol

Old 08-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Fire Starter

70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master

The very first rack I did went all pink also.I had it in my head to do them for at least 8 hours.Screw up on my part.The other part was I was throwing in chips every chance I got which made it look and taste like ham.My rule of thumb is,If I'm using chips in a chip tray,Just half the tray,If I'm using chunks,4 at the most.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:07 PM
Tailgater

HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
Default All pink ribs

Quote:
No problem this is all helping, I did use all wood forni don't have a source yet,just chunks from the store along with b&b charcoal logs or Kingsford. I need to learn how to burn the open flame better and not bring the temp up to high.lol

Before my stick burner I had a small New Braunfel smoker with an open firebox that was too small for logs. I would use the Kingsford Hickory charcoal and Hickory chunks. After experimenting I figured out a small scoop of charcoal with a few chunks on top about every hour would hold temperature.

I cut the legs off that smoker and bolted to a garden cart so I could ramp it up into the back of my pickup for a tailgate. I bought that smoker in 2008 and cooked many a feast until I got a reverse flow last year. I still use it to direct grill steaks with Richtee's favorite wood... Mesquite!!!

Half the fun of smoking is trying different things with your smoker, the other half is the eating and let's not leave out drinking beer before, during & after!!!

September 13, 2014
Arkansas Razorbacks 49
vs Texas Tech Red Raiders 28

Last edited by HornedToad; 08-24-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:37 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedToad View Post
I still use it to direct grill steaks with Richtee's favorite wood... Mesquite!!!
'Bout the only use for that stuff...hot, fast cooking so the food don’t get too much on it
Old 08-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Am I adding too much smoke?
That is my opinion...too much smoke. I don't like a lot of smoke on my ribs because it does make them pink all the way through. Cut back on your smoke and see if that helps.

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 08-25-2017, 12:03 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Am I adding too much smoke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
That is my opinion...too much smoke. I don't like a lot of smoke on my ribs because it does make them pink all the way through. Cut back on your smoke and see if that helps.
That can happen as well... again..they are in effect “cured” by the NO in the smoke. Altho..time is another factor. Even charcoal will provide some “smoke ring”

Here’s a post for you...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...=2486#poststop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations