Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations

911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here!!!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Casings, seasonings cheese and the like
Last Post: Blinginpse
Posted On: 12-15-2017
Replies: 57
Views: 666
0 Safeway / Albertsons Ribeye Sale
Last Post: AJ
Replies: 6
Views: 98
0 Peanut Butter Meltaways (Bear's Favorite Candy!!)
Last Post: AJ
Replies: 94
Views: 5,563
0 Food Proofer Conversion
Last Post: Sledhead01
Replies: 0
Views: 15
0 Poor Man's amazin smoker
Last Post: crusty ol salt
Replies: 27
Views: 485
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,466 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,990 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 645,017 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Meat Mopper

brisket envy Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smokingbrisket envy Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smokingbrisket envy Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smoking
Default First Turkey

I have a turkey on the smoker, and it has been in for two hours, at 230.
I saw the warning in the stickys about getting it through the danger zone in less than 4 hours, so if It is not moving at a pace that looks like I will make it, I will pull from the smoker and pop in the oven at 350 for a bit.

Should I wrap the turkey? I have done turkey breasts, which I wrapped, but don't know about the whole turkey.
I know it takes 3 - 5 hours in the oven at 325, to cook one, but am not sure how long a whole turkey will take.

Any quick warnings or tips will be appreciated.

Thanks BBQ gurus!!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I would increase your smoker temp to 300 or so (higher for crispy skin) and don't wrap...
Old 09-30-2017, 09:58 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Can't you just jack up the Smoker Temp?

How big is the Turkey?

Bear
Old 09-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
I would increase your smoker temp to 300 or so (higher for crispy skin) and don't wrap...
X2^^^^^^^
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 09-30-2017, 12:17 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

X3, what they said.
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 09-30-2017, 03:29 PM
Meat Mopper

brisket envy Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smokingbrisket envy Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smokingbrisket envy Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smoking

THanks, I opened the damper, got the temp at the bird end up to 280, which brought the Brisket end --yes doing both at once:-\ to, about 235-240.
Bird got done in about 3 hours. it seems ok.
Took the brisky out at 197deg. It is in the cooler, resting. Bad news is the temp probe never went in like butter, like it usually does.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations