Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Poultry

Poultry Chicken, Yardbird & Turkey

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 01-16-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 38
0 The most satisfying sound...
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 9
Views: 139
0 Shredded Chicken Fritters
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 12
Views: 113
0 Did some belly
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 16
Views: 228
0 Whitetail snack sticks,,45lbs of goodness
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 13
Views: 157
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,521 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,177 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,314 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 10-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Meat Mopper

Spivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God
Default Turkey breast

Goin on the acorn soon. Rubbed with butter, nekkid brine, salt, pepper etc
I'm thinking 250 degrees and going for a 165 internal temperature.

What you all think?
Should I boost it to 300 degrees?
2+hour cook...

Lump charcoal, apple wood

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 10-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Meat Mopper

Spivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSpivitz Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Course I could smoke it longer
6lb breast

Old 10-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I see no need to low and slow poultry...I usually spin mine on the rotisserie...Temps around 375...Doesn't take too long...Also doesn't get very much smoke flavor...But it's damn good either way...

Looking forward to seeing the end results

Craig
Old 10-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

What's the breast sitting on in the pan ? Is it some kind of stuffing ?

I would cook it @325°-350°
If that is a type of stuffing I would definitely cook at the higher temp and the higher temp will give it a nice crisp skin
Old 10-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Meat Mopper

Good advice, I'll heat it up.
Onion, celery stuffed in the cavity
Old 10-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

I like to spend at least 3 jours on anything I smoke, so it has time to absorb some nice light Smoke, before it gets done.

Then turn the heat up for the last 1/2 hour.

But then my MES maxes out at 275° anyway.

Bear
Old 10-01-2017, 11:23 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

You RUBBED it with Nekkid?

YEah... make sure to get some heat on it at the last half or so of the cook. Want that skin browned well up.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Meat Mopper

Yup, NEKKID.....
I'll post up that golden brown in a while
Old 10-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spivitz View Post
Yup, NEKKID.....
I'll post up that golden brown in a while
Hmmm...not sure "rubbing" it with the brine is going to do much ??
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 10-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Meat Mopper

Nekkid rub?
Maybe I messed that up!
Old 10-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Meat Mopper

Next time I intend on using their brine, orange / apple juice etc

https://youtu.be/nJdyMaNhHVY
Old 10-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Did you not read the instructions on the package of Kekkid Brine ??

I doubt it's going to do anything rubbed on the meat.

Not sure of the reaction it may have on a person that would be eating the brine mix undissolved.

Might want to ask Rich.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Meat Mopper

Nope, I choked. My wife did not put too much Nekkid on the bird.

I'm bad never reading directions, need to work on that. A pal gives me static all the time.
I was rebuilding a differential in my Baja Rc, called him for support he asks "Did you read the directions?"
I replied nope. He hung up, I laughed
Old 10-01-2017, 12:21 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Nekkid rub?
Maybe I messed that up!
Oh my...

It’s a brine Spiv... use like this:

Old 10-01-2017, 12:23 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYBBQ View Post

Not sure of the reaction it may have on a person that would be eating the brine mix undissolved.

Might want to ask Rich.
Won’t be harmful. Might have a “soapy” flavor to the skin. If you got time... spray it wth water a couple times, wash it off.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Meat Mopper

Thanks Rich, I'll get it right next time.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:36 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Thanks Rich, I'll get it right next time.
You’ll enjoy it more for sure.

Might I suggest the Poultry brine..instead of the Nekkid. Especially for..well..poultry. Unless you were gonna go for a different flavor profile that is.

Perhaps it would stead ya better in your early on smoking adventures.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Meat Mopper

Running a little hot, internal temp already 180...... Bird is resting now

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Poultry