Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Default Disco Stir Fry

I felt like some doing some disco over the weekend - Nothing to difficult here! Some chicken dusted with some MHGP, frozen veggies, noodles and a couple packets of stir fry seasoning.

I precooked the noodles so I just needed to heat them up and get some flavor on them from the disco.

Easy peasy - a few minutes later, plated and eating. I like quick and simple I would say these seasoning packets lack a bit of flavor - very mild. I had to add some bottled stir fry sauce after I tasted to make the flavor really come out.

The Blackstone is getting double duty! I did use my new wooden spoon - much better than my metal one clanging on the disco during the cook!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (95.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (69.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (77.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (68.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (82.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (70.3 KB, 68 views)

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

yes please
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 11-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Cool meal. I have to get me one of them spoons......even though my disk still has a hole in the middle.....

I have seen some disks with a 1 inch lip, how do like yours?
Old 11-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. View Post
yes please
Thanks Doug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
Cool meal. I have to get me one of them spoons......even though my disk still has a hole in the middle.....

I have seen some disks with a 1 inch lip, how do like yours?
Thanks Nickelmore. I have never used one with a lip but when I bought mine I looked at those - I assumed that you would need to "scoop" your food out with the lip instead of "pushing" it onto your plate/dish with no lip.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Man I gotta break out the disk soon...
Old 11-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Rub Mixer

zeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To All
zeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To All

I love a good stirfry from the disco, and yours looks great. When we built mine, we used a 24" disc and put a 2" lip around it. I really like the lip while cooking. It helps prevent food from frying off while flinging it around. It's not an issue getting the food out of the disc when it's time to serve.

YS 640
Primo Oval XL
Lone Star Grillz 24x48
Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
Weber Copper Top
Old Smokey
Orion
Gasser
2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
24" Disco with custom burner
Red Thermapen
2-Maverick ET-733

Last edited by zeroghd; 11-05-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Nicely done sir
Old 11-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All
Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All

That looks fantastic.

I'd love to try one of these things but I just don't know how much use I'd get out of it. They just look like they would be cool to cook on.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:43 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Man I gotta break out the disk soon...
Get to it Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroghd View Post
I love a good stirfry from the disco, and yours looks great. When we built mine, we used a 24" disc and put a 2" lip around it. I really like the lip while cooking. It helps prevent food from frying off while flinging it around. It's not an issue getting the food out of the disc when it's time to serve.
I could see that lip helping keep the food from flying off or getting pushed over the edge
Thanks Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Nicely done sir
Thanks Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
That looks fantastic.

I'd love to try one of these things but I just don't know how much use I'd get out of it. They just look like they would be cool to cook on.
Yeah, getting good use out of it is a question - It is nice to have though! I mainly use it for stir fry but I see a lot of other uses you can get out of it.

Last edited by Uncle Sauce; 11-05-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:02 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Lookit that boy GO! OK... Iím busting out some for that :{)
Old 11-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Lookit that boy GO! OK... Iím busting out some for that :{)
Hey thanks Rich - appreciate that

Old 11-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Looks Great, Uncle!!!---

Better use that thing now, before the Farmer wants it back in Spring!!

Bear
Old 11-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
Looks Great, Uncle!!!---

Better use that thing now, before the Farmer wants it back in Spring!!

Bear
Thanks Bear - He was wondering why he was missing one disc

Old 11-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

I just noticed your heat source. Any mods needed to get a round disk to sit on a rectangle burner?
Old 11-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
I just noticed your heat source. Any mods needed to get a round disk to sit on a rectangle burner?
It actually worked on there with my disc if you wedged it to one side - which somewhat worked but I actually took a scrap piece of overhead cable ladder from work and cut it down to sit down in the Blackstone and ground down some "stabilizer" notches (then spot welded two nipples )...not the prettiest piece but it works ok. The disc now sits about 1-1/2" in - 2" in. over the burner
Not sure that makes sense so here is a pic - Don't laugh The best bet would be some small round stock heated & bent in a circle to fit perfectly...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171106_101259.jpg (37.2 KB, 25 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Discada & Griddle Cooking

Tags
disco, stir fry