Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Learning from the Best

DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All
DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All
Default Mad Hunky Hot Whang Jerky

Got 5 pounds of top round trimmed up and ready for jerky.

Mixed up a package of Mad Hunky Jerky Cure and Seasoning and added a couple of tablespoons of Mad Hunky Hot Whang for some extra heat.

Into a Ziploc bag and ready for the fridge.

It'll be in there until Wednesday morning. We'll do some periodic "smooshing" to distribute the mix.

Didn't check with Rich first to see if this was a good combo or not. It didn't smoke, blow up, or melt my whisk while I was mixing it so I'm guessing it'll be okay.

Oh well, I'm gonna find out.
Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller
Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88

-

"All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-20-2017, 08:02 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDave View Post
We'll do some periodic "smooshing" to distribute the mix.

Didn't check with Rich first to see if this was a good combo or not. It didn't smoke, blow up, or melt my whisk while I was mixing it so I'm guessing it'll be okay.
“Smooshing” !

No..yer OK. Thank goodness ya din’t use the Hot Ass Whang! tho... Jeebus!
Old 11-20-2017, 08:07 PM
Learning from the Best

DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All
DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
No..yer OK. Thank goodness ya din’t use the Hot Ass Whang! tho... Jeebus!
Good to know.

A couple batches ago I sprinkled Hot Whang on top while they were on the smoker. It was pretty good but I wanted more heat IN the jerky not just on the surface.
Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller

-

Old 11-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Damn Dave that is gonna be some good stuff
Old 11-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Gonna be great Dave!
Old 11-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Bourbon bifocals

Uncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To All

Can't wait to see these Dave Looks like a great kickoff!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
Clint Eastwood

Old 11-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Learning from the Best

The jerky is on the smoker.

Set everything going then went inside to check some emails from work. Got a bit sidetracked and when I went back to check, I saw this.

Oops.

A train was going by and I heard the whistle in the distance. How fitting.

When I use the propane fired SnP I can control the amount of smoke by adjusting the proximity of the chip container to the flame. This way I can control the smoke separately from the temperature.

Made some minor adjustments and things are settled down now.

More later.
Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller

-

Old 11-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Learning from the Best

I tried to keep Tina away when I was loading the smoker so she wouldn't be licking up the excess juice since it has Hot Whang in it.

But someone let her out later.

She seems fine so I guess not too much heat for her.
Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller

-

Old 11-22-2017, 03:22 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

She seems fine so I guess not too much heat for her.
Heck..SuperVman’s dog ate a quarter pound of Smitty’s
Old 11-22-2017, 04:26 PM
Learning from the Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Heck..SuperVman’s dog ate a quarter pound of Smitty’s
Tina came up behind me and started licking my fingers when I was eating Flamin' Hot Cheetos. She was coughing a bit after that.

Couple of test pieces of jerky so far indicate a bit of warmth in the finish that lingers a bit.
Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller

-

Old 11-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

I gotta give points on this.....hot jerky is

Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 11-22-2017, 09:21 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelman View Post
I gotta give points on this.....hot jerky is

X2!!!
Old 11-22-2017, 11:30 PM
Learning from the Best

And it's done.

Flavor was good but could use even more heat. Next time I'll try 2 tablespoons of MHHW.
Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller

-

Old 11-23-2017, 07:16 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

NICE!! Looks grate Dave!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 11-23-2017, 07:47 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

yeah I've founbd with snacktix or jerky, anything that ha s along slow cook - you need an awful lot of chilli to get heat in the final product.

My current snackstix add for a medium hot stick is 1 tsp cayenne and itsp chilli powder per pound of ground mix.
So probably 3 tsp of hotwang per lb :-)

Damn fine looking jerky too

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 11-23-2017, 07:59 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
yeah I've founbd with snacktix or jerky, anything that ha s along slow cook - you need an awful lot of chilli to get heat in the final product.

My current snackstix add for a medium hot stick is 1 tsp cayenne and itsp chilli powder per pound of ground mix.
So probably 3 tsp of hotwang per lb :-)

Damn fine looking jerky too
Yes..it is! Yeah.. need more of the HW. Alternatively you could get more heat and less of the seasoning flavor with the Hot Ass Whang. But..maybe you like the seasoning flavor :{)
Old 11-23-2017, 08:36 AM
Cookin with fire

Excellent jerky...Next time use Smitty's Or I can send ya something hotter if ya need...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Jerky