Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method

Sous-Vide Method Your Hot Tub Cooking Forum, Learn It, Teach It, Share It.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Rudy's with a twist
Last Post: barkonbutts
Posted On: 01-17-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 13
0 The most satisfying sound...
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Posted On: 01-17-2018
Replies: 11
Views: 182
0 Lobster Taco Al Carbone
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Posted On: 01-16-2018
Replies: 15
Views: 202
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Replies: 5
Views: 97
0 S.I.P raised bed planters
Last Post: Otis857
Replies: 17
Views: 180
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,522 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,183 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,421 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 01-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Default Christmas Dinner at The Bear Den

Christmas Dinner at The Bear Den

We planned ahead to make a Chucky in the SV for Christmas Dinner, and my plan was to “Again” use 132° for 21 hours.

I had to make one more Great Meal for Mrs Bear before she went into the Hospital for her new Hip.

So for prepping, when we got the 2 Chuck Roasts from the store, I coated them with Worcestershire Sauce Powder, CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.
Then I vacuum packed them & double sealed the ends. Then put them in the freezer.

Then for this Dinner, all I had to do was thaw it, and I was ready to go.

So since we didn’t get home from the extended Bear Family Annual Christmas Eve Get-together until 8:45 PM, I didn’t get my Chuck Roast into my Sous Vide Supreme until 9 PM.

We invited Bear Jr & Bethany to join us for Dinner, and Dinner time was @ 5 PM on Christmas Day, so I removed the Roast just before 5, which means it only got 20 hours in the SV.

Everybody agreed, since the whole thing would be sliced thin, there was no need to Sear the outside on this one, so I sliced the whole Chucky & Plated it for the table.

The Chucky was Real Tasty, but this one was NOT Fork Tender, like my last two that were perfect.
I will be going back to 21 or 22 hours in the future, as I got it nailed down now——24 hours is too long, and 20 hours is Not long enough.

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

3.90 pound Chucky @ $2.99 per pound:

Applying Worcestershire Powder, CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder:

Fresh out of SV:

All Sliced Up:

Plated for the Table:

Dinner Is Served!!!
Chuck Roast, Mashed Taters, Green Bean Casserole, Corn, and Gravy:

Bear's Plate:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1709.jpg (31.4 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1710.jpg (60.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1717.jpg (44.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1721.jpg (39.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1722.jpg (44.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1724.jpg (68.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1723.jpg (69.4 KB, 82 views)

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All
Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All

Still looks like a great meal. Best of all you got to share it with family.

Where do you get your Worcestershire powder?
Old 01-01-2018, 11:28 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

I’mma send you some Just Add Beef for your next one Bear. Interesting on the time window. Also. the meat makes a diff too. Hmm.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

think i'll stick one in the hot tub next!

Old 01-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Location: Lewiston, ID. Can see three states from office window.
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All

Looking great bear,, nice job,,, hope all goes well with Mrs bears hip,,, Happy happy happy New years
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS
Old 01-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Looks mighty tasty Bear

Old 01-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
Still looks like a great meal. Best of all you got to share it with family.

Where do you get your Worcestershire powder?
Thank You Jailer!!
I got it from "Spice Jungle".

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
I’mma send you some Just Add Beef for your next one Bear. Interesting on the time window. Also. the meat makes a diff too. Hmm.
Thanks Rich!
I'd give it a try. However I've been using the same thing on any Beef I make: (Worcestershire, CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder *NO SALT !!!)

I just got the "Worcestershire Sauce Powder" so I could vacuum pack it for the SV without sucking any juices into my Sealer.

Bear
Old 01-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
think i'll stick one in the hot tub next!

Thank You Sir!!

Bear
Old 01-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Sweet looking beef and meal John!
Old 01-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post
Looking great bear,, nice job,,, hope all goes well with Mrs bears hip,,, Happy happy happy New years
Thank You DS!!
She's doing pretty good now.

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
Looks mighty tasty Bear
Thank You Uncle!!
And Thanks for the Points.

Bear
Old 01-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Rub Mixer

TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Tasty looking plate of food Bear.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Sweet looking beef and meal John!

Thank You Scott !!

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear
Old 01-02-2018, 06:06 PM
I like meat

Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All

Beautiful as always Papa Bear! I use Spice Jungle for a few things too.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:49 AM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All
Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All

Looks like a good job to me, John. You should have entered it in the Christmas dinner plate thrrowdown. That looks like a good, down home type of meal that may have taken the honors.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis857 View Post
Looks like a good job to me, John. You should have entered it in the Christmas dinner plate thrrowdown. That looks like a good, down home type of meal that may have taken the honors.

Thank You Mike!!
I had too much on my mind at the time, or I probably would have.

Bear
Old 01-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Seasoned Smoker

dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All
dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All

Hell Yeah!

Yoder YS640
Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
Frogmats
Maverick ET 732
Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

Old 01-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOBBQ View Post
Tasty looking plate of food Bear.

Thank You TKO !!

Bear
Old 01-03-2018, 08:53 PM
Hunt it, Fish it, EAT IT!

WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All
WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All

DAYUM!, Mr John mighty fine, mighty fine, mighty fine!!

I love Rostersheer...Worsteshis...WorsterhirerosterShis.. ..ah F'it - I love that stuff on stuff on beef.

Awesome Christmas Dinner ya shared with us.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Beautiful as always Papa Bear! I use Spice Jungle for a few things too.

Thank You Cheryl !!!

Yup---I like their "No Shipping Charges" too!!

Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method