Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
    I need some help!

My HB eggs are always hard to peel. I have heard aboot "don't use fresh eggs", vinegar in the water, baking soda, etc.

Does anybody REALLY have a foolproof method that works for HB eggs?
    Try this...?? https://www.facebook.com/YourYouniqu...5180343482085/
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Thank you Phil! One method they didn't try was the pressure cooker. Best eggs I ever made and peeling was ridiculously easy.
      Mustang electric smoker
      King Kooker vertical gasser
      Charbroil silver smoker
      Earnhardt Jr smoker
      Brinkman smoke n' grill
      a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
        Thank you Phil! One method they didn't try was the pressure cooker. Best eggs I ever made and peeling was ridiculously easy.
        I was just reading up on the instant pot last night, and people swear by the eggs in the pressure cooker. Just some of those instant pot reviews give me a little concerned about quality
        sigpic

Comment

Been steaming them ever since I read about it here. 13 minutes. Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
            X2 on the pressure cooker! The kids got us an instant pot for Christmas and I tried eggs last weekend. 5 minutes at pressure and a quick shock and they were by far the easiest eggs I have ever peeled with nice whites and no green covering on the yolks.

Barry.

Comment

x3 on the pressure cooker. Works great!
              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 206 View Post
                Been steaming them ever since I read about it here. 13 minutes. Perfect.
                I have gone to a pressure cooker. Always perfect and easy peel. get water simmering, place in eggs and pressure lid, 15 PSI. 8 mins after first steam ‘chirp” outta the valve then cool pot under cold water, open and add ice water.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Don't do many boiled eggs... butt I'm liking the pressure cooker idea...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

x4 (or is it 5)on the instant pot for me. Best eggs ever and super easy to peel. I've had a couple break the shell while cooking but so far the eggs have stayed intact.

Most people seem to go for the 5-5-5 method for eggs in the IP... 5 minutes at pressure, 5 minutes natural release, then 5 minutes in ice water. I find they're just a tad overdone for me that way. I do 4 minutes of pressure, 5 minutes of natural release, then whack the vent open and dump them in ice water for however long it takes. I like the way they come out like that.
                    Mike
                    Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                      Don't do many boiled eggs... butt I'm liking the pressure cooker idea...
                      I am too, butt will it end up like the "Air Fryer" ......gathering dust.

Yea I know.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                        I am too, butt will it end up like the "Air Fryer" ......gathering dust.

Yea I know.
                        Well, I must say the air fryer hasn't seen much use yet, butt we do use the pressure cooker. Neither is a staple in the tool belt, butt both are handy to have.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                        X