Posted On: 01-21-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 20
0 Paprika Gravy
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 0
Views: 20
0 Been playing with an Italian sausage mix.
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 20
Views: 330
0 Lobster Taco Al Carbone
Last Post: curious aardvark
Replies: 17
Views: 250
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,528 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,197 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,676 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God
Default Summer Sausage Casings

yea. summer sausage made not in the summer.

I need to online order like now. What size and where? Figure smaller will get more smoke in, but I don't need too small with the Annova. Then they got these pre Pricked fiberous casings on line too. Who pricks their casings with a corn cob skewer. Is this necessary? Never did that.

I think the 12" length is bs. Dats about all I got. Done with kits since I used TH's recipe. Got pink salt along with corns and mustard seeds.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

I always buy the clear fibrous casings.. Butcher & Packer

They have a sale on the Casing for Summer Chub (2.40 in. x 18 in.) $0.36 each..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 01-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Location: Lewiston, ID. Can see three states from office window.
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post

They have a sale on the Casing for Summer Chub (2.40 in. x 18 in.) $0.36 each..
Yeah butcher/packer,, or Walton's inc. ,,,12 inchers are good if you're giving it away

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS
Old 01-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Pit Master

devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All
devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All

I like the Lems Red Fibrous Bologna casings. Right size for sandwich meat and they smoke up great.

PBC Drum Smoker
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
Miss Piggy Smoker
Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator
Old 01-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Another vote for BnP. Amazon has some also.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:32 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Summers are best ďhanging over a crackerí size IMO. B/Pís work well..
Old 01-01-2018, 10:09 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

My last batch had perforations...they were great...flavor and smoke was spot on. I got these from Walton's.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

I've used both the 1 1/2" and the bigger "normal sized" (I don't recall if it's 2 1/2 or 3"). The 1 1/2" is perfect for slicing and eating with cheese on a cracker. To me the taste is the same in either size. I have used the LEM from Bass Pro retail store (local to me) but if I have time I usually buy from Butcher & Packer. Just make sure the ones you get are smoke permeable as they also make some that are not smoke permeable, but they are less common.

As to finishing in the sous vide, I smoke mine to at least 140* to get the meat set and smoked, then I vacuum pack them. I can then finish the vacuum packed chubs in a 152 sous vide bath with less concern about time. I usually just run them for 3 hours which is way more than needed with a 140* starting temp, but you don't have to worry about over temp or fat out with the sous vide at 152 to 154* so it's less of a concern running longer on time. Comes out perfect that way and since they are already vacuum packed, they are ready for the fridge, freezer or to give away (I pack one chub per bag).

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Old 01-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Just One More....

Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All
Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post

They have a sale on the Casing for Summer Chub (2.40 in. x 18 in.) $0.36 each.
I buy the clear (2.7 x 27 in.) when they go on sale. I by over 100 casing (cheaper)... Then cut in half, the half that has no string fold at one end clamp a hog ring on it plus some butcher string for a loop. The SS. chubs come out on the average 1 1/2 lbs or less... itís a little extra work, but cheaper if they go on sale.

The last batch of casing I bought had the deer head (not for sale) logo on it.. keep your eye out for the sale that size you want then Bye

Hope that helps....

ECO
Hobart Meat Grinder 4822 series
F.Dick 12 Ltr. Sausage Stuffer

There's only two types of Beer: Cold and Free.
_____
Jim
Old 01-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Thanks All. Took TH's advise and placed an order.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sausage