Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 23
Views: 339
0 Prime Brisket
Last Post: tadowdaddy
Replies: 31
Views: 345
0 What Was...... THE BEST..... Thing You Ever Ate?
Last Post: Blue Dog BBQ
Replies: 62
Views: 1,220
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,464 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,981 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,840 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

The last batch I made (goldfish version), I used Whirl "butter oil" instead of blending popcorn butter oil and regular vegetable oil. I use the Whirl all the time on my Blackstone griddle and in the kitchen as a pan prep for eggs and sausage. For the firecrackers I just used Whirl for the combined total volume of popcorn & veggie oil that I would have normally used. Came out great.

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-14-2017, 01:24 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

I tried these out over the weekend: 2 sleeves of saltines / 2 handfuls of cheez-its (large). 3/4 C. OO w/ 1/4 butter added, 2 TBSP MHHW, 2 TBSP ground pepper flakes and ranch. I didn't have any Schmitty's yet so I didn't add any and thank GOD!

I went to the store to get crackers but forgot the ranch so I had to make my own.

It was hot as all get out!...but darn tasty. I think the pepper flakes I'm using must be hotter than hell or I'm just a wuss I have a tin of AC Leggs pepper flakes that say 50 HU on it - I'm guessing that HU = Heat Units but not sure if that translates exactly to Scoville units or what?? Not sure what regular pepper flakes are rated at...but if they are the same then it's for sure - I'm no pepper head then You guys deserve for the heat scale! I noticed the longer you let these "sit" the better they get though. Couldn't say if I liked the saltines or cheez-its better - great together though!

I will say the Natty's were flowing though - highly addictive! Thanks for the recipe guys Gonna try another batch with a bit less heat!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (75.7 KB, 40 views)

Old 11-14-2017, 01:51 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Yeah.. you got some hot flakes there. 50 HUís is 50,000 Scovilles I use 60 in the HAW... it donít take much to light it up
Old 11-14-2017, 01:54 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

Here's another version with pretzels. I may have even put some Smitty's in these . They keep very well and they are good.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44271
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Yeah.. you got some hot flakes there. 50 HUís is 50,000 Scovilles I use 60 in the HAW... it donít take much to light it up
Good to know Rich - I was wondering what was going on I like a little heat but that got downright hellacious HOT! On second look I may have used too much for 1/2 or 3/4 batch to begin with...

Old 11-14-2017, 03:46 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
Good to know Rich - I was wondering what was going on I like a little heat but that got downright hellacious HOT! On second look I may have used too much for 1/2 or 3/4 batch to begin with...
it looks like you may have doubled the crushed red pepper for the size of batch you made, and you have some hot crushed red pepper to begin with.

I looked up the typical heat of crushed red pepper, and this link says that 50 is the upper end of heat with 15-30 much more common.

From this webpage

Again, it depends on the chilies used in the mix, but with cayenne being a typical staple, youíll get a heat somewhere in the 30,000 to 50,000 Scoville heat unit range. Thatís 6 to 10 times hotter than a normal jalapeŮo on the Scoville scale. Depending on the quantity of cayenne used and the other chilies in mix, the heat unit range for typical commercial hot pepper flakes can be lower, too Ė 15,000 to 30,000 SHU is often the case.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
it looks like you may have doubled the crushed red pepper for the size of batch you made, and you have some hot crushed red pepper to begin with.

I looked up the typical heat of crushed red pepper, and this link says that 50 is the upper end of heat with 15-30 much more common.

From this webpage

Again, it depends on the chilies used in the mix, but with cayenne being a typical staple, youíll get a heat somewhere in the 30,000 to 50,000 Scoville heat unit range. Thatís 6 to 10 times hotter than a normal jalapeŮo on the Scoville scale. Depending on the quantity of cayenne used and the other chilies in mix, the heat unit range for typical commercial hot pepper flakes can be lower, too Ė 15,000 to 30,000 SHU is often the case.
Looks like I need to pay more attention Thanks for looking that info up BBQ!

Old 11-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Default Round 2

Ok - went for another batch of these: Once again (2) sleeves saltines and the rest of the box of large cheeze-its.

3/4 C. OO & 1/4 C. butter (going to increase this 1-1/4 C)
(2) TBSP MHHW, ranch packet,
(1) TBSP MHGP,
(1) tsp. Smitty's

No ground red pepper flakes this time Heck of a lot milder but I think I'll go with 1/2 TBSP pepper flakes next time just to kick up the heat a bit and it would be real close to most of the other posts. Might try some ground chipotle peppers as well and a variety of crackers.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:29 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

I have found that if I run the crushed red pepper through the spice grinder a little, it works better and is more evenly distributed on the crackers. Not enough to make powder, just want to break it into smaller pieces.

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > From The Kitchen