Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Great looking snacksticks.

Though if you were going to smoke them anyway, why use the smaoked casings ?

And was it a commercial seasoning or is there a recipe ?
    I actually took a few different recipes and combined them with a few tweaks. I think maybe these casings may be made for people that don't have a smoker...not sure. But I don't think they add any "smoke" flavor. I got a bargain on a pack of them so I figured I'd give them a shot.
    ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Yum! Very delicious looking snack sticks! Wish I had the means to make some for myself right now. !
      Don

Humphrey's Pint
      Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
      Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
      Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
      Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
      Anova One Sous Vide
      AMPS
      Purple Thermapen
      Maverick ET-733
      DigIQ DX2
      Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
        I actually took a few different recipes and combined them with a few tweaks. I think maybe these casings may be made for people that don't have a smoker...not sure. But I don't think they add any "smoke" flavor. I got a bargain on a pack of them so I figured I'd give them a shot.
        Actually I think the "smoked" casings are just a little stronger for hanging the stix and not really smoked.
        Don..

2 of me best buds ever! R.I.P guys

Comment

Originally posted by merrell View Post
          Actually I think the "smoked" casings are just a little stronger for hanging the stix and not really smoked.
          That be correct. I too find them a bit tougher than the regular ones. Great looking stix and great post
          sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by merrell View Post
            Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
            That be correct. I too find them a bit tougher than the regular ones. Great looking stix and great post
            Thanks Gents for the info - That makes sense, I thought they were a little tougher than usual...
            ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

I managed to get the main ingredient today (venison)and would like to try making the stix. would you care to share the recipe and process? I have done 3# rolls in the past using high mountain sausage kit mixed with bacon, chipolte peppers in adobe sauce and chedder cheese. Would like to try something else.

Comment

Working...
              X