Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a hankering to Unroll and stuff a chunk of meat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know, I have never really acquired a taste for olives. But I do wonder how they impact the taste of the stuffing. They seem wonderful but just don't agree with my palate. Looks to be a delicious meal.
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

well marinated olives add a strong savoury, salty and sharp flavour.
      They add a flavour a bit like capers, but not quite as concentrated.

It's a sort of 'green' flavour (if that makes sense) so you use them in dishes that are rich, just to cut the richness.
      If you get the big green olives you can slice and fry them like fried pickles. That works really well.
      I'm not a huge fan of chips(fries) so if I'm doing fish and chips I'll sometimes use fried pickles or olives instead of potato fries. Again because of the rich fried aspect, they work really well.

I can understand not liking them, in the raw, as it were - but try them as part of a complete dish.
      I never used to eat celery, but used as part of a dish or salad it's pretty good. And you can't really cook italian without a celery, carrots, onions and garlic base.

Dave doesn't eat celery - so if he's coming round for a meal - we just don't tell him
      (the above is included for fishawn - dave's official stalker )
      Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-09-2017, 06:25 AM.
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

did that gig up right!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
        X