Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > From The Kitchen

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Hey! Smoked-Meat, What's Cooking This Weekend?
Last Post: Fishawn
Posted On: 11-18-2017
Replies: 16
Views: 146
0 Sweet Heat Wings and twice Vortexed potatoes
Last Post: strength_and_power
Replies: 11
Views: 105
0 Proper Introduction
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 18
Views: 185
0 4 Pepper & Cheese Summer Sausage w/ SV Questions
Last Post: Uncle Sauce
Replies: 27
Views: 598
0 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs (Second Round)
Last Post: Uncle Sauce
Replies: 10
Views: 140
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,417 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,859 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,594 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Default A Blast from the Past

A blast from the past for me.
I was talking to Rich and telling him about these luncheons I did and how people remembered them. The one thing people remembered more than anything was the little bottles of Tabasco.
These are the only pics and parts of the post I have left of this luncheon from 2010.

Chili Luncheon

Did a cook for 35 men at a business luncheon meeting. Cooked smoked brisket chili, ABT's, and cornbread. Baked 40 green and 40 red Jalapeno cornbread pepper sticks, large pan of regular corn bread, and 80 ABT's.

Each of the 3 round tables had one of these setups in the center for seconds on the chili and cornbread and lots of butter for the cornbread.

Each setting had a big bowl of chili with a scoop of sour cream and sprinkled with green onion, 2 ABT's, a couple Jalapeno cornbread pepper sticks, and their own little bottle of Tabasco sauce . Alternated the settings with red and green bowls and cornbread sticks.

Thanks for lookin'.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-20-2017, 10:24 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Wow Jim, that is really a nice presentation, and I bet it was awesome!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 09-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great BYBBQ - love those little bottles of Tabasco. We used to get them in MRE's...a lot of guys didnt use them so I'd take theirs, had a pretty good collection after awhile

Old 09-21-2017, 01:30 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Funny that the one little thing was such a big deal. You could have made up a fantastic home brew sauce and put it in a little cup... no mention
Old 09-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

Jalapeņo cornbread sticks?

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 09-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbtulsa View Post
Jalapeņo cornbread sticks?
Yes, Jalapeņo cornbread sticks baked in old Lodge cast iron pans like this one.

Last edited by BYBBQ; 09-21-2017 at 03:53 PM. Reason: fat fingers and small keys
Old 09-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYBBQ View Post
Yes, Jalapeņo cornbread sticks baked in old Lodge cast iron pans like this one.
I was thinking of baking the cornbread INSIDE the jalapeno.

OR, maybe a deep fried ABT in a cornbread batter! A simple cream cheese filling, slight smoke over pecan, then onto a grill crisp the bacon. Then a dip into the cornbread batter and a quick flash in the hot grease. Crispy, creamy, a little heat, and bacon....

now I'm hungry....

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 09-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
Looks great BYBBQ - love those little bottles of Tabasco. We used to get them in MRE's...a lot of guys didnt use them so I'd take theirs, had a pretty good collection after awhile

Wish they would have had Tabasco in the C-Rations!!!

Beautiful Job, Jim!!!

Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > From The Kitchen