Smoked-Meat Forums
 

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Tell Us A Little About Yourself & The Type Of Smoker You Are Using.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 NM Elk
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Posted On: 10-17-2017
Replies: 21
Views: 264
0 Couple of small Prime Top Sirloins
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Posted On: 10-17-2017
Replies: 5
Views: 39
0 Summer Sausage Weekend
Last Post: bwerth42
Posted On: 10-17-2017
Replies: 24
Views: 388
0 Ambient temps and cold smoking
Last Post: strength_and_power
Posted On: 10-17-2017
Replies: 17
Views: 248
0 Dinner, beef stew
Last Post: Spivitz
Posted On: 10-17-2017
Replies: 8
Views: 119
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,370 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,720 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 640,396 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
  #58  
Old 05-28-2015, 08:07 AM
hoytmania's Avatar
hoytmania hoytmania is offline
Meat Mopper
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 133
Rep Power: 27
hoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godhoytmania Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclc16 View Post
Thanks for the invite! I am new to the world of "hard-core" smoking. Always did it in my grill. Just bought a Dyna-glo box. hickory smoked a chicken last night. Good a little too smokey. Probably used too much wood and smoked too long. Maintained a temp. of around 180-220 degrees. Looking for any help I can get. Anyone recommend any recipe books for this kind of smoking?
Which Dyna glo box did you get?
Reply With Quote

  #ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Near You
Age: 2010
Posts: .

  #59  
Old 05-28-2015, 08:32 AM
BBQ Engineer's Avatar
BBQ Engineer BBQ Engineer is offline
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,607
Rep Power: 882
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclc16 View Post
Thanks for the invite! I am new to the world of "hard-core" smoking. Always did it in my grill. Just bought a Dyna-glo box. hickory smoked a chicken last night. Good a little too smokey. Probably used too much wood and smoked too long. Maintained a temp. of around 180-220 degrees. Looking for any help I can get. Anyone recommend any recipe books for this kind of smoking?
You don't need a book...you have the best smoking resource right here...with the vast array of talent of the member base here, we either own it, know someone that has, can figure it out, have smoked it before, or can point you to the right information. Ask us...we'll let you know.

As for your chicken, the temps should be higher...birds like it hot. This would cut down the time spent in the smoker too, as it would have been done quicker and not exposed to so much smoke. Also, it depends on the type of smoke you subjected it to...a little goes a long way. It doesn't have to be rolling smoke...keep it thin, keep it blue, and in some instances you won't even see it at all. If you are near your smoker and can smell smoke, your food inside can as well. One of the biggest mistakes of people starting out is to over smoke the food (and I was no different when I started). Last, different woods produce different smoke. Hickory is a great wood, but can be strong too...especially on delicate meats like chicken.

again and ask as many questions as you want. We will be more than happy to help.
__________________
BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-28-2015, 03:34 PM
THUMPERRRR's Avatar
THUMPERRRR THUMPERRRR is offline
This Space: FOR RENT
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NORTH
Posts: 1,402
Rep Power: 25
THUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodTHUMPERRRR Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
You don't need a book...you have the best smoking resource right here...with the vast array of talent of the member base here, we either own it, know someone that has, can figure it out, have smoked it before, or can point you to the right information. Ask us...we'll let you know.

As for your chicken, the temps should be higher...birds like it hot. This would cut down the time spent in the smoker too, as it would have been done quicker and not exposed to so much smoke. Also, it depends on the type of smoke you subjected it to...a little goes a long way. It doesn't have to be rolling smoke...keep it thin, keep it blue, and in some instances you won't even see it at all. If you are near your smoker and can smell smoke, your food inside can as well. One of the biggest mistakes of people starting out is to over smoke the food (and I was no different when I started). Last, different woods produce different smoke. Hickory is a great wood, but can be strong too...especially on delicate meats like chicken.

again and ask as many questions as you want. We will be more than happy to help.
what he said,,, precisely...

find the section for what smokin outfit you have and read some
then maybe start a thread for questions...

find the section on what meat or food you wanna smoke next and read some or start a thread...


these folks here will help o plenty I assure you...
__________________
~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 07-12-2015, 07:28 PM
M_Wolf M_Wolf is offline
Smoked-Meat Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 3
M_Wolf Is Just Starting Out
Default

Heya from ILL.
Hello all Am a total Newb here. Will most likely be a big lurker for awhile.
Glad to have found this group, lots of info I sure need thank you all.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Richtee's Avatar
Richtee Richtee is online now
The Mad Hunky!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oakland County, MI
Posts: 43,049
Rep Power: 527
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Wolf View Post
Heya from ILL.
Hello all Am a total Newb here. Will most likely be a big lurker for awhile.
Glad to have found this group, lots of info I sure need thank you all.
Hello Mr. Wolf..glad to have you!
__________________
In God I trust- All others pay cash...
Check out the Mad Hunky and products at www.madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted Smokevault burning watts
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > New Member Introductions


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Adsense Management by Losha
2009 - 2017