Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method

Sous-Vide Method Your Hot Tub Cooking Forum, Learn It, Teach It, Share It.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs (Second Round)
Last Post: Bearcarver
Posted On: 11-19-2017
Replies: 12
Views: 169
0 Hey! Smoked-Meat, What's Cooking This Weekend?
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Posted On: 11-19-2017
Replies: 17
Views: 180
0 Sweet Heat Wings and twice Vortexed potatoes
Last Post: strength_and_power
Posted On: 11-18-2017
Replies: 11
Views: 122
0 Proper Introduction
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 18
Views: 195
0 4 Pepper & Cheese Summer Sausage w/ SV Questions
Last Post: Uncle Sauce
Replies: 27
Views: 612
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,417 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,859 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,594 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Default Chicken Salad for Mrs Bear

Chicken Salad for Mrs Bear (Sous Vide)

I never got involved in Mrs Bearís Chicken Salad before I got my Sous Vide Supreme, but I knew I could make it better for her with that.
She always makes 2 Chicken Breasts in the Toaster Oven, and I knew I could make them more moist & tender, so I made a pair of Chicken Breasts for her & they were Great (Moist & Tender).

So this time she brought me 5 nice boneless Chicken Breasts, and wanted the same thing done to them.
I put two Breasts in each Vac Bag, and one in another, along with a pat of butter for each Breast, removed the air, and Double sealed the end.
Then I set the SV Supreme at 146į, and put the 3 packs in the Bath.
After 2 hours, I removed the packs & put them right into a big bowl of Ice Water to cool fast for an hour.

Then I removed them from the Ice water, dried them off & put them in the fridge.
The next day Mrs Bear froze 3 of the Breasts & took two of the Breasts & chopped them up.
She cut it all up in little cubes, mixed some Miracle Whip, Salt & Pepper, and Celery Seed into it & put it in the Fridge for a few days worth of Sammies for her lunches.

She said it really was much better than her Toaster Oven made Chicken Salad.

I donít usually eat any of this, but I tried one myself, and all it needed was more Black Pepper.

Below is a quick pictorial review of the process we used:

Bear

Pack of 5 Boneless Chicken Breasts:

$1.88 per pound---Not much of a sale:

One of the packs ready for SV:

From SV to Ice water & then to Fridge:

Salad all chopped & mixed:

Test Sammy for The Bear:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1573.jpg (40.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1574.jpg (53.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1131.jpg (130.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1575.jpg (46.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1576.jpg (44.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1577.jpg (34.3 KB, 57 views)

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Looks pretty good... I like to add grapes and chopped walnuts/almonds and onions, celery to mine... maybe halved grape tomatoes if they are in season...

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 11-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Good looking chicken salad Bear - I'm finding more and more uses for mine. I like that you can throw in the bath and walk away

Old 11-14-2017, 06:15 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
Looks pretty good... I like to add grapes and chopped walnuts/almonds and onions, celery to mine... maybe halved grape tomatoes if they are in season...

Sounds good, except the Onions (Only food I know of that Makes me Sick).

This stuff & recipe is Mrs Bear's---All I do is SV it & hand it off.

Bear
Old 11-14-2017, 09:02 PM
Rub Mixer

Courser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To All
Courser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To All

Some nice stuff there, Bear. The chicken salad at my house usually has some tart apple, a few red tart dried cherries and some chopped smoked almonds. Can't beat it on a nice seeded rye!

16" Original Oklahoma Joe offset
GMG Daniel Boone
Husker Red UDS V.2014
22" Black Weber Kettle V.1988
British Racing Green Thermapen w/Glow-in-the-dark silicone boot!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:45 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
Good looking chicken salad Bear - I'm finding more and more uses for mine. I like that you can throw in the bath and walk away

Thank You Uncle!!
And for the Points!

Mrs Bear said she'd give me Points for this one, because it made her Chicken Salad so much better than the Toaster Oven she used to make her Chicken in.

Bear
Old 11-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courser View Post
Some nice stuff there, Bear. The chicken salad at my house usually has some tart apple, a few red tart dried cherries and some chopped smoked almonds. Can't beat it on a nice seeded rye!

That sounds Great !!
However like I said, it's basically her Chicken Salad, so her chosen ingredients.

Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method