Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyna-Glo Vertical Propane Smoker

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Just about to put in an order for this smoker,does anyone have one?

i have a gift voucher for amazon.ca and all though i dont need another smoker i thought i would treat myself to something set and forget.They had a pitboss pellet smoker which was the only one in my price range but they are out of stock of them.So i did a little research and found this propane smoker.hopefully its ok.

Well I got nothing! However, congrats on your new toy, we will look forward to your review, Ronan!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Nope no help here. Interesting I'll say. Prolly help in the balmy Canuckian winter eh?

Like I should talk here in MI.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Nope no help here. Interesting I'll say. Prolly help in the balmy Canuckian winter eh?

Like I should talk here in MI.
        Where i live is probably very comparable to Michigan......bloody cold.Dont usually smoke much during the winter as i am in half hibernation apart from work.Winter is more crockpot season,for soups,stews and chilis.

Comment

So i ended up buying this smoker and i am now palming my head,what was i thinking.When it arrived and i unboxed it i noticed how thin and flimsy the metal is.Both the handles had to be straighten out.In the box there was also a lot of hitch hikers(small bugs) i killed as many as i could but no doubt most of them have now become of Canada Eco system(i hope to f*ck they were not from China).So i put it to together and lysol wiped it down and seasoned it and gave it a try.More smoke comes out the flimsy doors than out the damper at the top.Now i dont usually use the stock thermometer on these things and thank f*ck i dont as the needle has never moved from zero.
          So i sent the good people of ghp group inc who make the dyan glo and email to explain how disappointed in my purchase i was.They got back to me promptly and ask how they could help me,i asked for some kind of gasket for the door and a new thermometer(wouldnt use it anyway but seeing as i paid for one and for principle sake im going to get them to send me one).Then they got back to me a few days later asking for model,serial number,receipt,photos of thermometre sitting on zero and my maverick at 250F,and photo of the door leaking, delivery address so i did that and a week went by with no response then i emailed back again,got a reply asking me for the same info again so i sent it back to them again.Sent another email back and got a reply saying they never got anything off from me so i resend it again.I got a relpy saying that the plumes of smoke billowing out the door was normal and they would send me out a thermometer but need my address(he had replied to me email about a 1/2" away from where my address was) so yet again i sent them my address.They never mention once about the bugs of how the thing was a flimsy piece of shit.I am now fed up of having to send multiple emails to do them to get a reply just to ask for the same info http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/ima...ies2/faint.gif
          Sorry folks and thanks for letting me vent and ps never ever ever by a dyna glo

Comment

Looks like you got bit by marketing and no human reviews. Tough sending emails to an email robot while they build 30,000 of them then shut down, making bank on your dime while they start retooling the factory to make airbags.

Sucks. Ahh well, you can recycle it, and it will probably make it to China as new steel for a hopefully much wiser purchase.

Coulda bought a brisket slicing knife and teeny bags to hold herbs when you make stew.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!
              sigpic
              GMG Daniel Boone
              UDS
              Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
              Vision Kamado grill
              Weber Genesis Silver
              Smokin Tex
              MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
              Maverick ET 732
              Brown and lime green ThermaPens
              2 orange ThermoPops
              A-Maze-N Tube 18"
              A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
              Vortex

Comment

Ugh. Major suckage, man. You planning a trip over any time soon? My 18" WSM just ain't getting the love it deserves any more... got a fine wind break for it too...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Dont think i will be heading michigan direction( all though i would love a proper coney dog) anytime soon but thanks anyway Rich.Next time i will be in the U.S it will be all palm trees and sunshine and weird drinks with umbrellas (Florida in October).
                  This was only my secondary smoker and i love my kamado.

Still waiting for these dimwits to get back to me.Will update
                  Last edited by Ronan; 09-02-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I kid you not i had to email them yet again to ask what going on and then the replied asking for my mailing address again.I have sent it to them 6 times now.

Comment

Managed to get in touch with one of the directors of the GHP Group who make the Dyna Glo and the guy couldn't have been nicer or more apologetic.He is going to refund me the cost of my propane smoker(which i bought through amazon) send me a thermometer and also a new Dyna Glo Charcoal smoker.So in the end im very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan View Post
                        Managed to get in touch with one of the directors of the GHP Group who make the Dyna Glo and the guy couldn't have been nicer or more apologetic.He is going to refund me the cost of my propane smoker(which i bought through amazon) send me a thermometer and also a new Dyna Glo Charcoal smoker.So in the end im very happy.
                        Wow. That's worthy... let him know Smoked-Meat.com approves.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Wow. That's worthy... let him know Smoked-Meat.com approves.
                          I will Rich.It means i will end with two free smokers.My jaw is still on the floor.

Comment

My wife got me the charcoal smoker for Christmas last year. I know its not the greatest one on the market, but I have had some good food from it. I think with a few modifications you will be happy. I am.

As a matter of fact I'm smoking up 2 pork butts right now.
                            uploadfromtaptalk1442065210914.jpg

Glad you finally got some good customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytmania View Post
                              My wife got me the charcoal smoker for Christmas last year. I know its not the greatest one on the market, but I have had some good food from it. I think with a few modifications you will be happy. I am.

As a matter of fact I'm smoking up 2 pork butts right now.
                              [ATTACH]24794[/ATTACH]

Glad you finally got some good customer service.
                              Hey, that pic kinda foggy, you borrow Rich's camera or sumptin?
                              Mark
                              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                              X