FDA says NO raw dough, even if it's eggless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDA says NO raw dough, even if it's eggless

Well that sucks. Me personally I still eat raw dough with eggs, I like to live on the edge

But anyway, now they're saying that anything with raw flour is out too because it could carry E. Coli.

http://www.kgw.com/ext/news/nation-n...J2mSmcOagw8S0i
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
    Well that sucks. Me personally I still eat raw dough with eggs, I like to live on the edge

But anyway, now they're saying that anything with raw flour is out too because it could carry E. Coli.

Well... ANYTHING raw can carry e coli. WTH?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

lol you think that'll stop me eating raw cake mix ?
      think again !
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
        lol you think that'll stop me eating raw cake mix ?
        think again !
        Prezactly... That goes for cookie dough too...
        I figger if it didn't kill me off as a kid it won't do it now.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
        Paul

Comment

I'm still fighting over getting the bowl and beater!!!
          Mustang electric smoker
          King Kooker vertical gasser
          Charbroil silver smoker
          Earnhardt Jr smoker
          Brinkman smoke n' grill
          a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

I don't care what they say. I still GOTTA lick the bowl.
            Arron W.

YS 640
            Primo Oval XL
            Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
            Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
            Weber Copper Top
            Old Smokey
            Orion
            Gasser
            2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
            24" Disco with custom burner
            Red Thermapen
            2-Maverick ET-733
            Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm with you all on that, I still lick the beater and the bowl. My wife actually commented on it the other day saying "but that has raw eggs in it!" lol. Just another cover-your-ass thing from big brother. Pretty soon it won't be safe to eat anything unless it's cooked to the consistency of a charcoal briquette.
              Mike
              Life In Pit Row

Comment

FDA says NO raw dough, even if it's eggless

I live dangerously. I drink booze, I eat rare and raw meat, I like a runny fried or poached egg, I'll lick the beaters, I smoke cigars. The end is near so better step it up and do more

Comment

LOL---The only thing I ever licked out of the bowl was Frosting & Meltaway residue.

However When I was a Kid I used to eat Raw Bacon---It chewed good like Bubblegum.

Plus in the Old Days when I was Pumping Iron, I used to mix a few Raw Eggs in with my Protein Supplement every other day.
                  I think Old Arnold used to eat at least a Dozen Raw Eggs a Day!!!

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Licking the bowl and beaters, especially with icing
                    Jim

Comment

Guess I'll be an outlaw rebel and live dangerously......
                      Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

My facebook just reminded me that 4 years ago I made a post about dipping raw cookie dough in raw brownie batter and eating it. Both of them contained egg and flour. lol. Guess I should be dead from that one!
                        Mike
                        Life In Pit Row

Comment

My facebook just reminded me that 4 years ago I made a post about dipping raw cookie dough in raw brownie batter and eating it. Both of them contained egg and flour. lol. Guess I should be dead from that one!

Live dangerously or it ain't living

Comment

These are probably the same idiots who say this,

"Smoked meats are associated with an increased risk for certain cancers due to the presence of cancer-causing substances -- carcinogens. For example, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons such as benzopyrenes from wood smoke are toxic".

What Are the Dangers of Eating Smoked Meat? | Healthy Eating | SF ...
                            healthyeating.sfgate.com/dangers-eating-smoked-meat-10162.html

Guess I should've been dead a long time ago..............
                            sigpic

Comment

not happening...I love raw cookie dough, and I think cake batter is better than the cake itself. I spatula clean the bowl, lick the beater, and try a few spoonfuls too.

As a younger man I ate raw egg whites blended in OJ with milk...my own version of an orange julius...and I lived.
                              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Working...
                              X