Hey you Pizza mavens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey you Pizza mavens...

Especially the ones with the Pizza Shake on hand... or if not let me know and I'll send you some...

I want to test out the Shake as a sauce base. Try 1 8OZ can of tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of the PS. Taste and adjust as necc. Might need a little more... maybe not tho.

Thanks- let me know what ya think!

I'm also gonna try it as a pasta salad seasoning with EVOO...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

I will give it a shot this after noon... I know with sauce it is better if it sits for a while to let everything get together... Do you want to add any oils? Most sauces do have some or do you want it straight up? what about salt?? Thoughts..
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps heat it up to a low simmer after mixing. Let it cool... Don't think you will need salt...but give it a taste. Oil... OK. Guess I usually oil the dough, but hmm maybe a tablespoon in before heating will help meld flavors... good point!
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Perhaps heat it up to a low simmer after mixing. Let it cool... Don't think you will need salt...but give it a taste. Oil... OK. Guess I usually oil the dough, but hmm maybe a tablespoon in before heating will help meld flavors... good point!
        Okay I will run a few samples... all the sauce I have right now is the big Cento puree cans... tomato sauce is too thin if you ask my kids...
        Brian

Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
          Okay I will run a few samples... all the sauce I have right now is the big Cento puree cans... tomato sauce is too thin if you ask my kids...
          Depends on the thickness of the toppings too... if there is "exposed sauce" it will cook down nicely. But yeah if it's buried..you get that scalding sauce drip down the chin... ya know?

8 Oz an the tablespoon seemed about right tho....

Comment

Guess I need to order some from ya...we get pi$$a dough from Publix fresh/bagged...we jack that gig twiced monthly...so i'll test that taste!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Got 3 versions going right now.. report tomorrow.....need to go make some dough!!
              Brian

Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Great idea Rich
                sigpic

Comment

You ask and you shall receive!!

I needed to make some sauce so figure I would help our buddy out! I do not use tomato sauce for my pizza sauce I use puree so that is a first difference..thus I figured it would need a bit o salt... I use a large can so I was able to get 3 samples out of it...Here is what is did...

Version 1
                  8 oz puree
                  1 Tbsp Shake
                  1/2 teaspoon Light Olive oil
                  1/8 teaspoon salt

Version 2
                  8 oz puree
                  1.25 Tbsp Shake
                  1/8 salt

Version 3
                  8 oz puree
                  1.5 Tbsp Shake
                  1/8 salt
                  1 teaspoon sugar
                  1/2 teaspoon oregano
                  1 fine grind CBP

Was only going to do 2 but got three cups out of the jar so went with something different adding the sugar and extra oregano and cbp....

Brought all to a simmer and took off the heat into a container into the frig to let the flavors develop over night...

Here they are... one of the left and 3 on the right...

Made a few pizzas as well and some bread sticks for sampling.

Had all the kids and wife try the sauce and give their thoughts.. and the winner is...

A toss up.. crap.. Well if was was to vote as well (instead of taking a pic...)I would have chose 2.. so that is the winner...

It is a very good sauce and as you can see they all liked a different one..and the good news is they ALL liked one.. so I would say play with it and find what you like....Pizza shake is real goooooood!
                  Brian

Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber Performer
                  Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Someone just won a free pound :{)

Thank you Brian! I thought it might work out... especially in a pinch.

Pasta salad experiment next....

Comment

Someone just won a free pound :{)

Thank you Brian! I thought it might work out... especially in a pinch.

Pasta salad experiment next....
                      It was my pleasure! after all you have to eat right...
                      Brian

Yoder YS640
                      Weber Genesis
                      Weber 18.5" Kettle
                      Weber Performer
                      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. Might have to order some pizza shake now.

Comment

Dang Brian, that looks like a complete success!

I was gonna say, try the shake on a tomato and basil salad. Yum.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Especially the ones with the Pizza Shake on hand... or if not let me know and I'll send you some...

I want to test out the Shake as a sauce base. Try 1 8OZ can of tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of the PS. Taste and adjust as necc. Might need a little more... maybe not tho.

Thanks- let me know what ya think!

I'm also gonna try it as a pasta salad seasoning with EVOO...
                            It works with the pasta salad. Tried that a while back. Nice tang. Probably be a good mix in with pesto as well.
                            Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

FWIW, the pizza class I attended taught by Fred Bernardo (the "Smokin Guitar Player") told us to never cook pizza sauce. Use canned pureed or ground tomatoes and add a few spices and some olive oil. I will be making another batch of pizza sauce soon and will include the Pizza Shake. So far I have only used it to sprinkle on after the pizza was cooked and it's great. Incorporating it in the tomatoes just might enhance things, and definitely worth a try. Thanks Rich.
                              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X