Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Feeble Attempt at Scott's Fritters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Feeble Attempt at Scott's Fritters....

Well to start off, I started this whole thing in damage control. I saw a recipe and due to household activities, we figured we'd give it a try. So, that part was chicken breast, some salsa and some balsamic in the crock pot for 6 hours on low. The plan was to use it on buns, burritos, or tacos. Well, it tasted good but way too mushy/terrible texture and didn't work in any of those configurations. Short story, I had all this soggy shredded chicken and nothing to do with it.

Then, hey, Fishawn/Scott had a great recipe for shredded chicken I wanted to try. Let's see what I can do I told myself. So, fist thing was I drained as much of the juice out of the original meal. Still very mushy so I added a couple of eggs figuring it would help in binding them. Also added some diced jalapenos, some diced garlic and panko bread crumbs to get the consistency I wanted.

So, just like any kind of poultry burger, very sticky and still more fragile that I would like but I pressed on. Heated up some butter and olive oil in the CI and went to work. Well, I was no where close to fritters as you've probably guessed but I was into the chicken burger.

I made the rest of what I had leftover and tried to make the best out of it.

They look burned but there wasn't any burned taste to them. Still very tender and fragile though. I made some slaw, sliced up some jalapenos and toasted some hamburger buns.

At the end of the day, way TOO much work, they were just OK, and I have failed at making fritters. They can't all be successes but I guess that's why we keep on trying.

As for Scott, I'll get this down and just figure I need to use shredded chicken in the traditional sense. That still looks and sounds great. My attempt at a save, not so good
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

hey man, sometimes trying is enough to get you to tomorrow. I have failed at plenty of things in life but the sun always rises until you die, and then some. keep on keeping on. one day you will make a fritter!
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

could have been worse - could have gone into the bin :-)
      for perseverance.

Now what on earth were you doing adding two lots of acid to chicken breast (salsa is pretty acidic) and cooking it for 6 hours !
      It's chicken breast, the wimpiest meat yet discovered. 30 minutes would probably have been more than enough.
      Surprised you got anything out of it at all
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thanks, it was all good in the effort but I know we tend to post our successes and not the stuff that didn't work out so well. So, I wanted to show that things don't always work as expected.

Just trying to make a point I guess.

I tell my kids, if you aren't making mistakes, you aren't trying hard enough. If you make the same mistake twice, you aren't learning.

I leaned something on this one
        Pete
        Large BGE

Comment

can't argue with that :-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
            Thanks, it was all good in the effort but I know we tend to post our successes and not the stuff that didn't work out so well. So, I wanted to show that things don't always work as expected.

Just trying to make a point I guess.

I tell my kids, if you aren't making mistakes, you aren't trying hard enough. If you make the same mistake twice, you aren't learning.

I leaned something on this one
            Those are wise words Sir.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Keep after it. I like the addition of the jalapeños, might have to try that tonight, because it looks like I'm making them again
              sigpic

Comment

Some days chicken, some days feathers, and apparently on the odd days... fritters

Got R done!
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I've always been careful not to post my failures

Looks like some fine lookin chicken burgers...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks,

I figure I'm going to try a rotisserie meatloaf next weekend. I figure butchers twine is the key.

Wish me luck!
                    Pete
                    Large BGE

Comment

Thanks,

I figure I'm going to try a rotisserie meatloaf next weekend. I figure butchers twine is the key.

Wish me luck!
                      I think I used about 40 yards of twine and it didn't help...

It seems ICE has been thinking it over and has a plan...

But I think I'm over the roto-loaf gig...Onto bigger and (better) things
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

A Feeble Attempt at Scott's Fritters....

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post

But I think I'm over the roto-loaf gig...Onto bigger and (better:noidea[emoji4] things

Rotisserie Mac n Cheese

Don't give up on the meatloaf! Somebody gotta figure it oot!

sigpic

Comment

Gonna try some roto eggs.....
                          Pete
                          Large BGE

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post

But I think I'm over the roto-loaf gig...Onto bigger and (better) things
                            Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                            Rotisserie Mac n Cheese

Don't give up on the meatloaf! Somebody gotta figure it oot!

Gonna try some roto eggs.....
                            I'm still thinkin' on the aforementioned pizza gig... or spaghetti and meatballs.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                            X